Glock?

titan14

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of Glocks sold new (more than any other brand), so yes quite a few are resold. However I will point that you often see people wanting to sell OR trade them for another model Glock.

Glock is an extremely reliable, durable, lightweight, simple design. It is easy to master its manual of arms, break down, clean-up, etc. They are not cheap, but they are not expensive. Some may over-hype them, but for the most part their reputation is well earned. For a combat tool like sidearm they are the standard by which all others are currently compared.

They are an excellent pistol in general, but they certainly are not for everyone. Some like to sell their Glocks for other model Glocks. Some bought Glocks because somebody told them that is what they needed, but after using it, they decided they like something else better or wanted to try something else. I like them, I carry them, I abuse them to a certain extent. They are a tool and they do a great job at that for me.

Edited by Warbird

I am a net buyer of Glocks. I like the marketplace. If you look at the marketplace long enough,

you'll see about as many of everything else. There are just so many more Glocks sold. Makes

them more obvious.

The best weapon on the planet is the one you are most proficient with.

It ain't the gun.

Guest bkelm18
Also when you get hard up you can sell them for about what you paid for it. No other gun holds value like that.

Going to have to disagree. There are plenty of other quality weapons that can sell at or near what you bought them for.

Think some eventually get sold or traded since many shooters can't just get totally used to their trigger's, lots of guys who are pretty good and/or experienced shooters can find them pretty tough to shoot well without their targets showing them printing a little to the left.

Heavier guns with crisp triggers are far more forgiving and easier to shoot well IMO (1911's being the easiest, thus one of the reasons for their enduring popularity), and sometimes being able to shoot another gun better beats a Glock's shear all-around utility.

(FWIW I have heard it said that often times it's actually easier for new shooters to learn Glock trigger's than it is for guys who've been shooting hammer-guns for a while...)

Another aspect with respect to Glock's is whatever you sell or trade can be replaced w/o a lot of effort. You can't do this as easily with some of the older Colt's, S&W's, etc. I've carried Glock's on and off duty for a long time now and like them, but will never love them like an older Colt 1911 or Browning HP.

Guest 10mm4me

I love Glocks. But I have sold 4 of them in my lifetime to a.) buy other Glocks b.) have money for something else c.) buy other guns that I wanted at the time like an AR

I have sold guns to buy Glocks, but I have only sold Glocks to buy other Glocks. Another thing to consider is the number of Glocks in the world. I have heard that Glocks are used by 70-80% of law enforcement. That means there are a ton of them out there. Just a speculation, but I wonder how many Glocks are out there compared to Smith, Ruger, etc. I do know that Glock sold 800,000 pistols in 2008 and were set to beat that in 2009. Anybody have the 2009 numbers?

• Administrator

My Glock 19 is one that I won't be parting with. It's earned its place as a keeper. The G26 that I have for sale right now is only up for grabs because I'm still on a quest for a better mouse gun. The 26 is just not quite mousey enough.

Sold my g27 after two years,

I sways carried it with a mag

Extension which made the grip

only about a half inch shorter

than my G22, so just went

To the 22 for carry and have

5 more round all the time,

Sold the 27 & other stuff

Bought new Kimber

Guest mmarcum

If you have a Glock to sell PM me and we will talk. I have a set of twin 17's and love them both. I have carried many over the years and have found the glocks to meet the call to duty everytime.

I have a glock 19 and 27. I used to have a cz 75b, sig 226,bersa 380, springfield 1911 45 and xd 40. Because of a divorce i sold all of them and kept my glocks and couple 22 handguns. I couldnt get used to so many triggers. Once i started shooting glock only i got better with them. Glocks are ball bat reliable . Although i dont enjoy shooting my 27 as much because of arthritis. My 19 is a great shooter i would recommend a glock 19 to anyone and glad i kept mine. AL

I started with revolvers then moved to the 1911. My wife wanted a Glock 6yrs ago because her dad had one and she liked it. I tried to get her to try other guns but she was set on a Glock19. Fast forward 2 years, being summertime, I realizied that my Kimber Pro Carry wasn't easy for me to carry in shorts and a t-shirt. Knowing that I had shot the wife's 19 pretty well and it felt awsome in my hands, I decided to get me a 26. With the 26 working out awsome for summer carry I thought about getting another 19 but ended up trading a PT1911 for a 17. The 17 is the "home defense" pistol for the wife and I carry the 26 in summer and the 19 in winter....

I love my G17 and G26. I considered selling the 17 to get an M&P but just decided to keep the Glock and add the M&P to the collection (sooner or later). I just couldn't bring myself to part with the G17. It is 100% reliable and just begs to be shot.

Guest mmarcum
I love my G17 and G26. I considered selling the 17 to get an M&P but just decided to keep the Glock and add the M&P to the collection (sooner or later). I just couldn't bring myself to part with the G17. It is 100% reliable and just begs to be shot.

The 17 is a sweetheart to shoot. I have night sights, hogue grip, and a mag extension on my first, and I love it.