question M&P9 carriers

Guest mmarcum

Guest mmarcum

I'm looking at buying an M&P9 and would like to know how well you feel like your M&P's are holding up? Some of you will put more rounds through them in a year then I will put through one in a lifetime. Is it worth the money or is it over hyped as many handguns are?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm right around the same round count as Mike.

And he knows how bad I treat my guns, and mine runs like a sewing machine. I think I might have cleaned it once? Most likely on accident too, lol.

Every time I want it to go bang, it goes bang. You'll be very happy with it.

Guest 10mm4me

I had one, sold it though. But only cause I wanted a rifle or something, can't remember. It was good while I had it. Thinkin' bout pickin' up a M&P9c for carry here soon. Carryin fullsize guns all the time is doin a number on my back.

I carry an M&P (albeit, .45), daily, and have run it pretty hard - never had a problem, not once. I may clean it occasionally... and that's a maybe. As far as an M&P9 - I have shot Mike's (whom posted earlier), and was immediately impressed with it, and accurate, over my Sig 9mm. Great firearm, honestly.

I have had one for a few years. Very good gun. I only have a few hundred rounds thru mine because the G19 is my daily carry. I added the Apex parts and the trigger is now as smooth as butter. It will be a good buy. Like one member mentioned try one out first.

Negative ghostrider.

Hey! I consider 900-1000 rounds to be run... :up: When I get to 8000 like you, I'll be sure to throw it on the ground, piss on it, and then proclaim victory. :D

Guest mmarcum

Wow zero negative comments out of 22. OK I will go look at and test drive one to see if I like it. I'm veryy impressed and thank you all for the information.

.... I added the Apex parts and the trigger is now as smooth as butter....

I did the same with my 9Pro and now it has the trigger that S&W should have made it with in the first place.

The issue is S&W's OEM Striker Block that gives a very gritty trigger pull. The Apex "Ultimate Striker Block" changes the geometry for a smooth takeup before the trigger bar engages the sear cam.

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid20.html

BTW - Accurate, Accurate, Accurate...., Did I mention how Accurate the M&P is? :(