New Tool

joeleerj

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when we get new American Made options. This appears to be a competitor for the stuff made in the Philippines. I have watching for one of these. One of the forum dealers said he sold some to forum members; but I haven’t seen any reviews yet.

What is your initial opinion on fit and finish? When you get it to the range be sure to give us a review. Is this your first 1911? Where did you get it?

Good luck thumbsup.gif

My first impression of this gun was WOW! The finish is very good, but not great. But, for a$550.00 gun, that's ok. The frame to slide fit is excellent; however, when racking the slide, it feels gritty. This may improve with time. At the range shot 450 rounds of various ammo, ball, JHP, and lead. Did not experience any misfeeds, jams, or ejection problems. The gun is very accurate. I did not have to adjust the sights, because, I was able to make consistent head shots from 25 yards. It came with a match grade stainless steel barrel, press fitted bushing, lowered and flared ejection port. The front strap is smooth (I'm going to have it checkered), and the main spring housing is flat. It fits my hane very well, but I prefer an arched main housing (I'm changing the housing). Oner all this is a great gun. I own and or have owned other 1911's, that were much more expensive, and none of them were any better than this one.

Thanks. I agree the the case is not all that great, but for $550.00, it's not a concern. I have replaced the main spring housing to an arched type, and I will soon have the front strap checkered. That's all I plan to do to this gun. Since my last post, I have put another 400 rounds through it, with not jams or misfeeds. I think Remington got this one right.