Mama Grizzly vs Caribou

JG55

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. That caribou was bigger and and quite possibly stronger(in regards to how he just picked her up off the ground with the strength of his neck), but that bear knows how to fight and fight well.

I kinda thought this was a metphor for sarah palin vs the caribou on tlc. In case no one saw it. she missed alot before she switched rifles and then nailed it. But the whole time the caribou just wandered back and forth until the final shot took him down. Kinda like the above video..

HAs anybody figured out how Davy Crockett killed his bear ?

Edited by JG55
Guest drv2fst

I think someone from PETA should have tried to break up that fight (with their bare hands). :stare: Clearly that mean ole bear was picking on that Caribou who was just minding his own business there by the stream. Maybe they should lobby for a law against bears attacking Caribou. Or better yet, bears should not even be allowed to carry claws. Those things are dangerous.

I kinda thought this was a metphor for sarah palin vs the caribou on tlc. In case no one saw it. she missed alot before she switched rifles and then nailed it. But the whole time the caribou just wandered back and forth until the final shot took him down. Kinda like the above video..

HAs anybody figured out how Davy Crockett killed his bear ?

That's what I was thinking when I saw this on sunday night. She missed high about four times and the animal never moves. It must be sick or very dumb.

Ok, I'm not a hunter but that Caribou had to be either sick or stupid. It had plenty of time to run away, but it was standing its ground.

All animals are "dumb". They are controlled by their instincts as they do not have the ability to reason.

Guest Lester Weevils

The old grizzly mom got beat up enough that I bet she was sore for a few days? Unless bears are just made out of entirely different stuff than most animals? She definitely worked for that meal. I've seen the dawgs get excited and do surprisingly athletic feats but then limp around for a few days afterwards.

I'm dumb about wild animal habits. Would a run have had odds of saving the caribou? Bears run pretty fast.

The caribou's defense is straight to its front. If caribou have the ability and instinct to kick like horses, then perhaps also straight to the rear? Once the bear gets latched on anywhere on the flanks, then it is pretty much game over?

Saw a documentary of a wolf pack stalking a moose through snowy woods. They chased the moose for maybe a day or more. Every time the moose would stop, they would close in and make him run again. The wolves would take turns jumping up on his hind quarters and hanging on for the ride with their teeth. A day of chase with at least a couple of wolves hanging off its backside all the time. Finally the moose just collapsed from exhaustion, then the wolves started feasting with the moose still alive. PETA should definitely do something about that.

Edited by Lester Weevils

I see some folks talking about how dumb the caribou was. I'd say the caribou was as smart as some humans. After all, the caribou's mistakes were, as far as I can tell, pretty much the same as Timothy Treadwell's:

1. Being around hungry grizzlies without adequate defenses while at the same time

2. being made of food (meat.)

Following the bear into the river/stream where she could drown him simply by hanging on and weighing his head down to keep it under water wasn't the brightest idea, either. Had she latched on while they were on dry ground he might have shaken her but once she started forcing his nose under water he just got progressively weaker until the grizzly prevailed.

Edited by JAB
Guest drv2fst
All animals are "dumb". They are controlled by their instincts as they do not have the ability to reason.

I used to believe that people were different. But then I grew up.

The old grizzly mom got beat up enough that I bet she was sore for a few days? Unless bears are just made out of entirely different stuff than most animals? She definitely worked for that meal. I've seen the dawgs get excited and do surprisingly athletic feats but then limp around for a few days afterwards.

I'm dumb about wild animal habits. Would a run have had odds of saving the caribou? Bears run pretty fast.

The caribou's defense is straight to its front. If caribou have the ability and instinct to kick like horses, then perhaps also straight to the rear? Once the bear gets latched on anywhere on the flanks, then it is pretty much game over?

Saw a documentary of a wolf pack stalking a moose through snowy woods. They chased the moose for maybe a day or more. Every time the moose would stop, they would close in and make him run again. The wolves would take turns jumping up on his hind quarters and hanging on for the ride with their teeth. A day of chase with at least a couple of wolves hanging off its backside all the time. Finally the moose just collapsed from exhaustion, then the wolves started feasting with the moose still alive. PETA should definitely do something about that.

Bears aren't exactly cheetahs either, but if you notice she was concerned with where her cubs were. I doubt she'd have gone too far from them.

I don't understand why the Caribou kept confronting the bear and staying in a confrontational mode instead of running off . Anyone know if caribou are normally fighters, I would of thought they are runners..

Actually when I first started watching, thought the Caribou was going to win, and use the bear as an ornament for his gigantic rack.

I was thinking the same thing. Just goes to show you, going up against any animal that is designed from head to toe for death & destruction is a losing proposition. No matter how big your rack is!

And I have to wonder if the bear actually intended to drown its victim. If so, I have a whole new respect (and fear) for bears.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro