My dog.. or, how they grow up =(

Metalhead

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please get your baby out of the china cabinet. That is not an appropriate means of child care. :)

jk, beautiful animal there

Get out of my head, that is the first thing I thought of too!

Nice pup by the way!

We inherited a Doberman when my mother-in-law died...they are not like people think. Ours (Ben, 100 pounds) is the most gentle dog I've ever been around. We have three other dogs, including a Chihuahua, and the Doberman allows the Chihuahua to jump all over him. He is getting old, but is the sweetest dog ever. He is a "leaner"...he walks up and leans against you. He will come up and sit in your lap if you let him.

Yours is a good looking dog! Great companions. B

We inherited a Doberman when my mother-in-law died...they are not like people think. Ours (Ben, 100 pounds) is the most gentle dog I've ever been around. We have three other dogs, including a Chihuahua, and the Doberman allows the Chihuahua to jump all over him. He is getting old, but is the sweetest dog ever. He is a "leaner"...he walks up and leans against you. He will come up and sit in your lap if you let him.

Yours is a good looking dog! Great companions. B

I've seen pit bulls that are nothing but big babies. Breeding has something to do with their mentality, but how they are raised is the most influential in how they turn out. My Rott is nothing but a big kid.

Guest Lester Weevils

Am sure dobs are sweet dogs, but they always look spooky to me.

Even little yappy dogs need training and socialization. Folks who are into dogs probably assume that and don't often mention it when discussing how sweet their dogs are.

I'm ignorant of dogs and not a very good trainer. A friend used to raise small quantities of dobs for sale as a part time biz. I think he would train them for about a year before selling them. He had a very high opinion of the breed and kept a couple for his own pets.

Dunno if he knew of what he spoke, but said that dobs should not be owned by people who don't know how to reinforce the dog's training and handle them, or not willing to take the trouble to keep up with it. He would train prospective owners as part of the sale. He said they are great if properly trained, but not so much if you don't know how to control them.

Just sayin, if he was right, they sound like a lot more responsibility than a typical lab who loves everybody and never met a stranger?