Make it legal to carry without permit: yes or no?

Guest President Fernatt

By the way, folks, when you encounter tough questions, here on TGO.... don't forget the "phone a friend" option.

( See, Ferny... THIS is how you stir :shake:. ;):D )

( It still won't get your title changed though... )

Edited by Jamie
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before, during or after a drink, I've never seen you impaired.

I wouldn't be skeered if you shoot when you are as think as you drunk you are because I don't drunk you are as think as you drunk you are even when you have been thinking a lot seriously.

I approximate that vote of coincidence, Mark, truly do.

- OS

Guest President Fernatt

( See, Ferny... THIS is how you stir :poop:. ;):D )

Ferny?? lol nice, but I appreciate you showing me how its properly done! and i know man, i guess I have to go about changing my status the old fashion way...post post post...I mean, I have only been here 3 days :)

Yes, "FERNY".... 'Cause it's easier than remembering how many "T"s are in your name, and where they're located, after my 3rd drink. :):poop:

.... and I sure as hell ain't callin' you "Mr. President", so you can just put that out of your head right now. ;)

Guest President Fernatt

Lol ok ok. The name used to be Vernetti so my great, great-grandfather switched it to Fernatt to sound less French when joining the US Military. Don't hold the heritage against me :poop:

President Fernatt has a nice ring to it but you wont have to call me that, I'll settle for Mr. Governor in about 25 years though ;)

Edited by President Fernatt

"Vernetti" sounds more Italian than French to me, but I'm not gonna argue with your great-grandfather. ;)

Were my last name "Fernatt" though, I would have no doubt ended up going through school as either "Ferny", or "Weed boy"...

Yes, I just had "that kind" of classmates. :-\ :poop:

Guest President Fernatt

Lol I won't argue with him either, he's dead...

I was just Greg in school, everyone liked me pretty well.

Back to the thread, it has served me well with additional perspectives!

Hopefully the State legislature can get to work providing more bills and Haslam will have the opportunity to sign some great "no carry restrictions" laws.

Guest Archminister01
You're just full of assumptions, aren't you Archie?

That plus you wanting to run off at the keyboard concerning your buddies, your certifications, etc., then claiming you didn't tell us to impress us, really is funny as hell.

And that's even without the contradiction in your earlier post.

And if you can't see where this...

... contradicts it's self, then it's not any of us that need to work on our Reading Comprehension. Especially given that it's implied, if not outright stated, that you would be driving and carrying your gun after those beers.

And that, Mr. Certified, was what I was pointing out at the beginning there. Not that it was or wasn't okay, only that the above-statement contradicted it's self.

Anyway... Good luck, Archie, but honestly I can't see you lasting very long around here, with us reading-impaired folks.

Wow seems my only bad here was biting on your threads and thinking you were worth the time.. Your idiocy has been exposed and thanks folks for the heads up...you know who you are!. Ill be around....

So Archie thinks I'm being "mostly ignored" here.

Pretty funny, and a sure sign that he's feeling slighted.

And Archie... I'd be careful there if I were you... 'Cause you might very well NOT be around, if you keep going like you have.

Edit: One other thing... This is most certainly not "My" thread. I'm just a participant. Ol' Fernatt over there is the guilty party concerning this puppy.

Edited by Jamie
You take yourself way to seriously.

That's funny, 'cause I was thinking the same thing about you...

Why are you still talking to me anyway???

Surely you can find someone else... someone more to your liking... to talk to?

Then again, I suppose you can't. :poop:

Jamie, on TGO, you can be right and you can be wrong, but you'll never be ignored !!!:poop:

I know that... but apparently somebody else doesn't.

Besides, if I were gonna be ignored, I figure I'd have already been banned first... and since I'm still here, well...

Still, it's sort'a fun to play along with Archie's game... so y'all pretend you're ignoring me. ;)

President Fernatt has a nice ring to it but you wont have to call me that, I'll settle for Mr. Governor in about 25 years though :)

A special "aside" for P.F. here:

You do realize that our current president could be called - according to many people - the "President for naught, or For Not", don't you? ( Think it through, slowly and carefully, and I'm sure you'll "get it". :poop: )

So maybe you'll be wanting to change that back to "Vernetti" before you're elected? ;)

• Administrator
Yes and no.....you should have to pass a test like the hunter safety class....and no you shouldn't have to pay for your "right" to bear arms. Everyone carry opens up the possibility for more attacks on our right. Now we don't see to many permit holders causing drama.

But no one conducts a test to make sure you are responsible enough to exercise your other Constitutional freedoms. Careless words issued under the auspices of "freedom of speech" have destroyed many a person's life too. And frequently at a much slower, much more painful, completely cruel pace. Unlike the relatively swift destruction rendered by a well placed bullet.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Krull viewpost-right.png

Yes and no.....you should have to pass a test like the hunter safety class....and no you shouldn't have to pay for your "right" to bear arms. Everyone carry opens up the possibility for more attacks on our right. Now we don't see to many permit holders causing drama.

....But no one conducts a test to make sure you are responsible enough to exercise your other Constitutional freedoms. Careless words issued under the auspices of "freedom of speech" have destroyed many a person's life too. And frequently at a much slower, much more painful, completely cruel pace. Unlike the relatively swift destruction rendered by a well placed bullet. ...

Amen brother!!! Great post.

Keep up the good work!

Leroy

Guest President Fernatt
A special "aside" for P.F. here:

You do realize that our current president could be called - according to many people - the "President for naught, or For Not", don't you? ( Think it through, slowly and carefully, and I'm sure you'll "get it". ;) )

So maybe you'll be wanting to change that back to "Vernetti" before you're elected? :(

Lol quite possibly true! but guess who is no longer a freshman...:D

Guest Archminister01
You should'a asked him what he thought of driving while carrying a gun, after "a few beers".

You also could'a asked him what his opinion was of how well a person can judge their own condition after drinking alcohol... Especially given that alcohol impairs a person's ability to judge their own level of impairment.

( Got that last bit during my own certification course on dealing with drunks and administering FSTs, even though I was already previously aware of it. )

And yeah, I can pretty much work out his answer to both of those too. ;)

Yep, you're certainly good for a giggle or two, if nothing else. :D

Hmmmm....I guess this might be worth one more post.

Has anyone here gone to an establishment restaurant or otherwise to have a few beers with friends and some food. Placed there carry weapon where ever they do inside there vehicle before entering, even if the establishment would allow you to carry it, and gone in for a few hours of food, fun and good times? Then when finished gone back to your vehicle, left your weapon where you stashed it and gone home? I guess I need to spell out this scenerio to jamie because he didnt completely grasp why I would take my weapon off in the first place before entering any drinking establishment. It is acceptable sound practice to do this there Jamie my friend. Thats why they call it responsible drinking. Again, who is the one reading or not reading into the written content? As for my being able to detemine how much I can drink and stay under the limit. In a training environment, I was one who volunteered to be a drinker so that others could get there certification for being able to determine blood alcohol levels using sobriety testing. Any part of that training clearly involves how alcohol is absorbed and processed by the body and even using a baseline chart to show using body type, weight and time to show expected drop in B.A.C. I guess they didnt teach you that, but its cool.

On the other hand, popping a top on a cold one my friend and then handling and shooting firearms has not been a taught practice in any place that I have ever gotten handgun training. Maybe its common practice in your circle. if so then do your thing man. Ill continue to do mine. Thats what freedom is all about As you would have it, this seems to be only my opinion and not you and whoever finds you vialble as a source of valid information. As for me saying that these folks cant comprehend reading..well again it was directed at you..please dont try and drag whoever else you were talking about into this.

Open another can...reload and keep on shooting bud..your foot must really hurt. If you didnt get that, I was implying that you keep shooting yourself in the foot.

Just to be specific enough that you dont jump to any more conclusions about me. Im not the one who openly on a gun forum that admits your feel it safe to drink and fire or handle weapons.

That may be a question they can add to the testing to determine who can carry... "Do you feel that drinking and firing weapons is a safe practice in any environment?"

Im glad that you have had fun anyway....its nice to know that people can still amuse themselves....kind of like watching a cat play with string.