Please tell me this isn't true for Tennessee....

Guest Quigley

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest President Fernatt

That's unbelievable! I'm not totally surprised though. I know there are some lawyers and other really educated people on here who can hopefully answer this for all of us!

Seems like I remember this happening there a few years ago after some other disaster. Most likely a hurricane.

Yeah.

There were no reports of anybody actually being charged with violations in that one or the recent one.

Also, note that several of the NC guys on opencarry.org forums said they were able to buy firearms during the snow "emergency", so sounds like none of it was really enforced.

- OS

Guest President Fernatt
Maybe "Moonbattery" is a clue regarding the veracity of whatever is being offered on that site.

What is "moonbattery"? I'm not familiar with the term

Guest President Fernatt

I did Google it! Sometimes out of habit I google google to get to google lol all I found were websites named moonbattery and information about lunar bat habits. Not much help so i was seeking some older folks to give me a little literature lesson.

Guest President Fernatt
Moonbat, lunatic, nutjob, goofball, wacko, etc.... Terms for crazy/not-quite-right people.

Oh ok, Similar to ancient psychological practices centered around lunar/moon rotations and blood-letting "lunacy" ,"lunatics".

Thank ya sir!

Guest BungieCord

TCA 4-54-102. Constitutional authority. —

4) The second amendment to the United States constitution reserves to the people the right to keep and bear arms as that right was understood at the time that this state was admitted to statehood, and the guarantee of the right is a matter of contract between the state and people of this state and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by this state and the United States; and

(5) The Tennessee constitution clearly secures to Tennessee citizens, and prohibits government interference with, the right of individual Tennessee citizens to keep and bear arms.

[Acts 2009, ch. 435, § 3.]

Michie's Legal Resources

TCA 4-54-102. Constitutional authority. —

4) The second amendment to the United States constitution reserves to the people the right to keep and bear arms as that right was understood at the time that this state was admitted to statehood, and the guarantee of the right is a matter of contract between the state and people of this state and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by this state and the United States; and

(5) The Tennessee constitution clearly secures to Tennessee citizens, and prohibits government interference with, the right of individual Tennessee citizens to keep and bear arms.

[Acts 2009, ch. 435, § 3.]

Michie's Legal Resources

Well actually I was talking about Public Chapter 129 of 2007 and Public Chapter 885 of 2010 which amended T.C.A. 58-2-107 that deal with the powers of the governor during a state of emergency, major disaster or natural disater.

PC 129 added Subsection (m) that says...

During any state of emergency, major disaster or natural disaster, the state, a political subdivision or a public official shall not prohibit nor impose additional restrictions on the lawful possession, transfer, sale, transport, carrying, storage, display or use of firearms and ammunition or firearm and ammunition components.

PC 885 amended subdivison (e)(4) and (e)(8) to say...

(4) Subject to any applicable requirements for compensation, commandeer or utilize any private property, which term shall not be construed to include firearms, ammunition, or firearm or ammunition components, if the governor finds this necessary to cope with the emergency;

(8) Suspend or limit the sale, dispensing, or transportation of alcoholic beverages, explosives, or combustibles, which terms shall not be construed to include firearms, ammunition, or firearm or ammunition components

Guest rebelyell
Moonbat, lunatic, nutjob, goofball, wacko, etc.... Terms for crazy/not-quite-right people.
Good answer and let me add to that if i may,Moonbats

they hate culture, and they are suspicious of humanity itself. They hate high ideals: religion; nation; the flag; virtue; character; fortitude; justice; honor; freedom of expression; freedom of thought; freedom of conscience. And they are suspicious of anyone who would cultivate himself through them.

Good answer and let me add to that if i may,Moonbats

they hate culture, and they are suspicious of humanity itself. They hate high ideals: religion; nation; the flag; virtue; character; fortitude; justice; honor; freedom of expression; freedom of thought; freedom of conscience. And they are suspicious of anyone who would cultivate himself through them.

My, you ascribe quite a litany of deep motives to these moonbats.

But really, they are just, well, moonbats. And they're certainly not all liberals, either.

- OS

I liked one of the comments under

Blizzard Used as Pretext to Nix Second Amendment

It looks like the NC legislature has some work to do. A declared state of emergency should automatically allow all law abiding citizens the right to open carry.

Posted by: JustAl at December 30, 2010 9:46 AM