Guns and Ammo's No Return Policy

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

So I went to Guns and Ammo yesterday on Summer. While I was there I decided I would pick up an overgrip for my G27. So I told the employee what I was looking for and he went behind the counter and retrieved a Houge Handall Jr. and said that is what I would need. Paid for it and left. When I got home I attempted to install the overgrip but instead of going on a piece of the grip tore off. I returned that afternoon with my receipt. I was told that I would need to contact Hogue directly and that the size I was given was likely too small but that Houge may exchange it for the right size. I mean I can understand if I grab something randomly off the shelf and it doesnt work that I cant return it but when your own employee gives me the wrong product for my application you still refuse to exchange it?

/Rant

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I sold it to you I would have told you the trick to putting them on without tearing them. The best way to put them on is to put them in a pot of hot (not boiling) water for a few minutes and then they will slide on no problem.

This sounds like the exact opposite of the customer service the OP received.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

I tried to heat lightly with a hairdryer. However a Handall Jr. still seems a little small seeing as it is listed for pocket pistols and a G27 doesnt count as a pocket pistol lol

The Handall Jr. will not work for a G27. I missed the Jr. part when I read your first part. The only way to get a Hogue on your 27 is get the regular size Handall and trim it down. I have no idea why he sold you the small one. I used one of the Jr's on my Kahr and it was tight going on that little gun, no way it would work on any Glock.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
The Handall Jr. will not work for a G27. I missed the Jr. part when I read your first part. The only way to get a Hogue on your 27 is get the regular size Handall and trim it down. I have no idea why he sold you the small one. I used one of the Jr's on my Kahr and it was tight going on that little gun, no way it would work on any Glock.

Yeah that is what the guy ended up telling me at the counter when I tried to return the first grip :clap:

Something I do that is cheap and just as effective is use a bicyclr inner tube. One lasts a long time if you buy the largest circumference inner tube you can. Walmart sells a universal tube that is for various diameter tires. They may not be quite as sticky as a Hogue but they do work well and for the price you can't go wrong. I paid less than $4 and could easily make 15 grips.

Dolomite

Guest Bronker
Something I do that is cheap and just as effective is use a bicyclr inner tube. One lasts a long time if you buy the largest circumference inner tube you can. Walmart sells a universal tube that is for various diameter tires. They may not be quite as sticky as a Hogue but they do work well and for the price you can't go wrong. I paid less than $4 and could easily make 15 grips.

Precisely this.

Though really even my comment is way off topic as well, this is sound advice for future reference.

:)