good laugh

i was having new tires put on my truck and saw a young guy early 20's come in. he must have just got his hcp because he was dresed in black swat type uniform black ball cap with his badge on his belt next to his glock .almost forgot he has a flashlight on the other side of his belt.everyone was checking him out.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he walked by where i was setting and i got a good look. it said tennessee handgun permit. i do not know which is worse him or the old codgers at the foothills mall that are security guards. some of then look to be in the 70's . they would be of no help and the mall is posted.

i wanted to tell him when he grows up to join the army or become a cop.if i was a bad guy he would be the first to go down .these clown can be dangerous because they play xboxmost of the time and think they cannot be hurt. nothing like being shot at to wake you up to the real world.

so lets see here. We have a guy here who has his HCP and a handgun. Assumption on the HCP part but I will give the benefit of the doubt.

So he is a law abiding citizen who was able to pass a HCP class and a background check. Sounds like a good guy. And some don't agree with his method of carry and want to make fun of him. Real nice.

And I would really like to see a documented case where someone OCing a handgun was singled out and shot by a criminal while committing a robbery or whatever.

personally I think people wearing polo shirts and khaki's look like goofballs.

I am also not sure how being arrested for impersonation of a LEO while wearing a HCP badge would ever stick. Assuming all the guy was doing was wearing his badge.

Tac clothing and badges are not my thing but I see nothing wrong with a guy wearing it while exercising his paid for 2A rights. Better that than being one of the sheeple curled up like a baby when **** goes down.

popped collars kill me. Even the college kids I used to work with cracked on the ones with popped collars.

And I chuckle at people daily. But I don't post about it on the internetz.

To the tacticool guy at the tire store I say "well done". His tacticoolness and OC probably has prevented crime already.

The warden and her mother had a yard sale here last summer. An older guy came down the drive in an Escalade being very well dressed was sporting an HCP badge on his belt. The kids thought he was a cop. He proudly pointed out that it was a HCP badge. I just kept my mouth shut. Not my style but good for him.

I really wanted to ask where his gun was, he was not carrying anything I could see.

Guest tnxdshooter

The other day there was a dude at coal creek armory must of been no more than 5ft6. He had on a duty belt with hand cuffs, a glock and a light on it. I figured he was a leo until I saw him shoot. He couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. Mean while I am in the lane next to him rapid firing the xd 40 and putting all shots within the 8 and 9 rings. I felt bad and thought that I would rather protect myself than have a leo that cant shoot to protect me.

The other day there was a dude at coal creek armory must of been no more than 5ft6. He had on a duty belt with hand cuffs, a glock and a light on it. I figured he was a leo until I saw him shoot. He couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. Mean while I am in the lane next to him rapid firing the xd 40 and putting all shots within the 8 and 9 rings. I felt bad and thought that I would rather protect myself than have a leo that cant shoot to protect me.

At least he was trying to improve. I think you'll find that many people, not just officers, don't take enough time to practice and work on their basic shooting skills. This is why I only trust myself for my protection but still appreciate what officers do for a living. As for the rambos and ninjas out there, I've never been one for the spotlight so I'll keep my Kahr in my pocket and my eyes open and let them take all the Aggro if anything goes south.

Edited by gnmwilliams

You would be surprised at how bad some LEO's shoot and how little they even know about the gun they carry every day on duty. Most of them probably requalify once a year and maybe have one time that the department makes them train with their firearm. So if they are not a "gun person" that is the only time they shoot. I talked to a officer that works at a small PD close to where I live and he told me that the city gave the two boxes of ammo to last them all year. If they wanted more then they had to buy it on their own.

Not all LEOs are as into guns as us. They have lots of other tools (patrol car, radio, cuffs, their demeanor) that are used more often than their sidearm. The minimal qualifications they must meet are determined to be good enough by people with a way better grasp on the big picture than most of us. "Good enough" under the situations they deal with beats the crap out of my tight group on a piece of paper from the range.

Guest tnxdshooter
Not all LEOs are as into guns as us. They have lots of other tools (patrol car, radio, cuffs, their demeanor) that are used more often than their sidearm. The minimal qualifications they must meet are determined to be good enough by people with a way better grasp on the big picture than most of us. "Good enough" under the situations they deal with beats the crap out of my tight group on a piece of paper from the range.

I suppose your right. I would think though that when dude cant hit center mass even slow fire he would theoretically not qualify I would think but I dont know.

Guest rebeldrummer
Tac clothing and badges are not my thing but I see nothing wrong with a guy wearing it while exercising his paid for 2A rights. Better that than being one of the sheeple curled up like a baby when **** goes down.

Just as tacti-cool cocky boy can exercise his 2A rights , Dou44 can exercise his 1A rights and crack jokes at him. You say polos and khaki's are goofy, he (and most others) say walking around tac'd out, badge flashing is goofy. Welcome to the Internet. Welcome to a forum. Welcome to America. Enjoy your stay and our stupid,rude and hilarious comments!!!

Just as tacti-cool cocky boy can exercise his 2A rights , Dou44 can exercise his 1A rights and crack jokes at him. You say polos and khaki's are goofy, he (and most others) say walking around tac'd out, badge flashing is goofy. Welcome to the Internet. Welcome to a forum. Welcome to America. Enjoy your stay and our stupid,rude and hilarious comments!!!

I call that bold talk for a 3 post count newb!! ;)