2011 Car

willis68

Which Car should I order this Spring?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Car should I order this Spring?

• 2011 Nissan 370Z Touring/Sports package
    • 2011 Challenger SRT8 6 speed manual
    • 2011 Ford Mustang GT 6 Speed Manual

Guest mustangdave

Ducati = sexy italian super model....Nissan 370Z = cute japanese animai chick... Challenger SRT8 = MOPAR Girl with big hooters... Mustang GT = the hot varsity cheerleader from high school days.

Went to the local Ducati dealer a couple weeks ago...was SERIOUSLY impressed with the bikes...696/796 Monster and the Sport GT...my issue is maintenance costs and general upkeep...but LORD what SEXY bikes. As far as the cars go...the 370Z may be the least expensive...but...me being a ROUSH Mustang guy...I think you can guess where my loyalties lie.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're talking 40 grand on a car?

Son, I am dissapoint.

A car is just not a wise investment. They lose value quickly and you aren't impressing anyone driving them.

Buy a 2002 Accord and spend the rest wisely on hookers and blow :confused:.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhleEbKc6FZ9Ibjja661nSqf_kHtZIjJx8SxtvbKtMorQ0R4fW

I voted Mustang. I'll never buy another Dodge. Even if Sam Elliott is doing the commercials for the Ram. YOU' DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO MOUSTACHE!

2 or 3.

The Challenger is nice. I just wanted more room so I bought the Charger.

I have a friend who just bought a Charger, it is a very nice car, I am pretty sure I will wait on the 2011 Challenger SRT8 392, I have been talking to a dealer and if he can order me one exactly how I want it I will be putting a deposit down and having him order it. I just do not know when it will be delivered but this is not a car I will be driving in the winter anyway.

I really like the 370Z but when my insurance guy told me that a Dodge Viper or a ZR1 Corvette are cheaper to insure I lost interest.The fact that my wife likes the Challenger more than the others helps, even though she will not be allowed to drive it ;)

It's always good to buy American. But If you plan on keeping it for more than 5 years go ride in a Mustang GT that's 5 years old and then ride in a Z that is 5 years old also. Ford cars are just a cheaply made interior with a sometimes decent motor unless it is an SVT. I'd say get the Z and you will be happy 5-10 yrs down the road if you plan to keep the car that long!

Just to put some prospective on the three choices....the Z is the only 6 cylinder.;)

No way a 6 cylinder should even be a choice!!!!...:D

Unless you can get that 6 cylinder sideways in a curve at 70MPH. And the 370Z more than fits that bill.

Any of the three are tricycles compared to the "Devil"...

You ain't seen nothin' yet. Check out the Midalu. 240HP on a 600lbs bike.

061083_Czech_Firm_Unveils_240_hp_Naked_Bike.jpg

Anyway, as to the OP, the only one I definitely would NOT do would be the Challenger. I don't think Chrysler has done anything to earn back our business after being bought out by the government and then Fiat. Ford has shown real initiative and innovation, especially with their Eco-Boost Twin Turbo V6! And of course Nissan is quality, so you can't go wrong there.

Of the three, I'd go with the Mustang. Although personally, I'd have to give a serious look to the SS Camaro packages being offered. But since I can't spend your money..., find a cherry 03/04 Cobra instead. A buddy has an 03 with several significant mods to it and it is the fastest car I've ever driven.

Guest glock20

i would find a 07 or 08 z06 vette for around 40,000 imho.i found my 07 z06 for right at 40,000 with 25k miles on it.i also have a 03 cobra with around 150 more rwhp than my z06.if you want speed im like hipower.find a 03 or 04 cobra with some mods to it and save 20k.if ya want to turn heads and cruise but have enough power on hand if ya need it,i would get a 07 or 08 z06.just my preferences.if ya ever lean toward a cobra i know someone that has one that puts out 610rwhp and only wants 20k for it

i would find a 07 or 08 z06 vette for around 40,000 imho.i found my 07 z06 for right at 40,000 with 25k miles on it.i also have a 03 cobra with around 150 more rwhp than my z06.if you want speed im like hipower.find a 03 or 04 cobra with some mods to it and save 20k.if ya want to turn heads and cruise but have enough power on hand if ya need it,i would get a 07 or 08 z06.just my preferences.if ya ever lean toward a cobra i know someone that has one that puts out 610rwhp and only wants 20k for it

When I first saw this thread I was thinking a used but like new Z06 would be what I went with if it was me.

Believe me I am very Very interested in a Vette, if I can find one with low enough miles for $40 to $45K I am all over it!!!

I had no Idea I could get a nearly new low miles Z06 for this price, I am looking into that option big time!!

Edited by willis68
Guest glock20
Believe me I am very Very interested in a Vette, if I can find one with low enough miles for $40 to $45K I am all over it!!!

I had no Idea I could get a nearly new low miles Z06 for this price, I am looking into that option big time!!

i found mine on autotrader.you shouldnt have no problem at all finding one with low miles.if ya need any help or have any questions on them lmk

As-mentioned, out of any of those, a used 2007-or-so Corvette Z06 would be twice the car (and even moreso) of any mentioned. The Mustang is an awesome offering from Ford, with that new 5 litre, as well as the brakes, 6-speed trans, etc. The Challenger - retrocrazy and cool style, but heavy, and huge. The Z - cool, but doesn't have the grunt of the other two - that doesn't mean that it's not a driver's car, though...

I still vote used Z06 - for what you get, used, those other new cars can't even come close.

Everyone has a Mustang so that gets a big no because of that alone. Even little old laddies drive mustangs. meh

Zs are bad-ass so that would be my choice. Challengers are nice but I would rather have the Camaro.

Edited by strickj

Oh, I wanted to mention - you can also look at used P-cars... specifically, the 996 Porsche Twin Turbo variant. One can acquire one of these for the price of a Z06, and have knock-your-socks off performance, as well, and a car that really, really turns heads, especially with aftermarket accessories (wheels, moreso than anything else).

And, they're built like a brick ****house, too.

i vote z06 i have been told you can find 08 new at dealers for in the 50,000 range,my friend has one and it is hands down the most car for the $$$,after that i would vote used 500gt also awesome,then mustang or camaro.

Guest mustangdave
I didn’t know the Vette was a choice. I would obviously have to change my vote to that.

But that’s kind of a different league than what is in the poll.

norice.jpg

I think the Vette was a WRITE IN...not on the original poll....

I am still leaning on the 2011 Challenger SRT8 392, I have a friend in Houston Texas that i have known for 10 years and in that time he has owned damn near every car I have ever dreamed about, including a Corvette, Shelby GT 500, 370Z and Maxda RX8, in 2009 he bought a SRT8 Challenger and after speaking with him today he says he will keep it forever, and he likes it more than any car he has owned.

and for those of you who recommend a Porsche if I can ever afford a Turbo Charged 911 then I will get a Porsche because to me a Cayman or any other model is just a wanna be compared to a 911 so for the $43,542 I am pretty sure I will go for the Challenger and be happy

Out of the three choices, Mustang. I'm going through the same dilemna right now with my wife.

I couldn't believe her when she said a Mustang GT would be in the running. Just the opposite of

almost everything she wants in her next car. I'm the one who has always wanted a Mustang GT.

Guest Keinengel

Im a mustang man myself being the proud owner of an excellent condition 95' GT (The wonderful 302 without the ugly fox body styling.) but im not a fan of the newer ones. Price wise I think they have their value over the GM/Chrysler counterparts. Heck, even the Baseline V-6 is advertised at 300 horsies... But that being said Vettes are sweet. Get a Z06.

Oh and for the record, the 350s were pretty cool but the 370s look like flounders on a meth binge.