FFL in Alcoa/Maryville Often Mentioned?

Oh Shoot

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rebeldrummer
Take your time.

I am sure there at least a dozen more threads you can bump up from a couple of years ago for him before he has to pay...

hey guy, thanks for helping me keep this one alive.

Guest m&pc9
hey guy, thanks for helping me keep this one alive.

Its the least we can do for such a good guy.. If I keep it up. Do you think I can get on his payroll?

Guest rebeldrummer
Its the least we can do for such a good guy.. If I keep it up. Do you think I can get on his payroll?

??? has not worked for me yet....but good luck with that guy.

you guys have been keeping this thing alive without me....nice

Bill's Outpost is great, but I just did a transfer with Archie Baker (Foothills Armory). Really nice guy and $10 transfers! He works a regular day job so is on;y around in the evenings, but can't beat the price. A friend used Bill's for a transfer and had a good experience.

Guest rebeldrummer
Bill's Outpost is great, but I just did a transfer with Archie Baker (Foothills Armory). Really nice guy and $10 transfers! He works a regular day job so is on;y around in the evenings, but can't beat the price. A friend used Bill's for a transfer and had a good experience.

where is this place at?? Others have mentioned it and I am clueless...

Archie does transfers out of his home. He's in a neighborhood about 2 miles out Montvale Road. His phone is 865-233-0294, but call evenings 6:00 - 10:00. Last night he didn't get in from work until 8:00. Best thing is to e-mail him at sr20de2@charter.net. He'll get back with you.

man that's ballsy, I don't think I would want random people coming to my home for background checks.

man that's ballsy, I don't think I would want random people coming to my home for background checks.
Not sure I'd want to do that either, but it seems to work for him. I'm just glad to find a good guy to do transfers, and the $10 transfer fee is just icing on the cake! Were it not for Archie, I'd do them at Bill's Outpost.

I tried to use Benton's Shooters Supply for a FTF transfer a few weeks back (the other party was from out of state), and they won't accept a handgun except shipped to them from an FFL, and they wanted $55 for the transfer plus any shipping charges! I read that as "we don't want to mess with transfers".

• 2 months later...
Update: Just about to buy online and use Bill's Outpost.

I see his fee had gone up to $30 plus the TICS.

Must need to make more for rent in the new Farragut store?

- OS

That must have just happened because I had him do a transfer for me a couple of weeks ago and it was $20 plus $10 TICS. That sucks...

Well, seems he's movin' on up to West Knoxville where apparently people think money is no object. :rolleyes:

At risk of getting off track here, when we first moved to Knox Vegas, we cruised out that way to take a look around. We were in our used Suzuki sedan surrounded by Land Rovers, Mercedes Benzes, BMWs, and the like. I looked at my wife and said we needed to get back to our side of town before we got pulled over for looking suspicious.

Now back to our originally scheduled forum thread. :)