Why did you start carrying?

Guest eyescream

I always enjoyed shooting, but I finally decided I needed to get mine when I came to terms with having MS and CIDP and the resulting nerve damage to my legs and my new inability to properly defend myself using other means.

• 3 weeks later...

one day at a stop light in my 63 Chevy 3 punks in ski masks (in moms mini van) pulled up next to me talking abunch of s*#t. I had no cell or bazooka at the time and felt like a victim, this will never happen again! I thought for sure it was going to get ugly fast.

Guest Oaklands

To protect my family from the likes that went through our town this weekend. Taking people's cars at gunpoint. Happened right up the street from my dad in a very good part of town. The guy had just gotten out of jail recently, killed his parents and ran. Dropped his parent's vehicle at the Lowe's in Jefferson City, then went on a stealing spree of vehicles at gunpoint.

It has always been to protect my family and myself.

To protect my family from the likes that went through our town this weekend. Taking people's cars at gunpoint. Happened right up the street from my dad in a very good part of town. The guy had just gotten out of jail recently, killed his parents and ran. Dropped his parent's vehicle at the Lowe's in Jefferson City, then went on a stealing spree of vehicles at gunpoint.

The parents lived less than a mile from me...sad.

ridiculous. You don't see alot of that around here but that's crazy.
Guest pfries
Three homes in my neighborhood were broken in to and robbed by armed intruders within the span of a month.

The following month I got my Carry Permit and a Pitbull. I hope for their sake, they don't come back.

The pitbull is the sweetest dog on Earth by the way. At least with his own family. The Sig Sauer isn't so friendly.

The behavior of both is generaly due to the owner....LOL

Guest pfries
really?? .... is this a serious question?

let me indulge you just in case..

red - usually the mad, or hot race

blue - usually the choking, or frozen race

white - the scared race, or the "sun-shunners"

orange - the "too much spray on tan" race

black - originated same as the blue race, however moved to colder temps, aka the frost bitten race

brown - the "we walk around naked in the summer" race...

am i missing any Mike?? Good question....

Yellow- "those that are afraid to defend the right to own and bear arms"

Guest pfries

Lot of reading to find the end .....

I carried when I lived in MI.

I originally got it to prove a point as MI used to make you show cause.

I became self employed shortly after and was glad I already had it,Middle of a divorce made some bad Choices(DUI) lost it, needed to renew while I couldn't carry never did get it renewed.

Moved to TN remarried did not feel the need for a long time, past couple of years had been tossing the idea around again, wife and myself went to Chicago for sons graduation from RTC Great lakes, incident happened while we were up there not to us but we were witness. Fender bender of all things the gentleman at fault was the one to brandish a weapon

(Ironicaly this happened in a no issue state)

and when we got home wife said it was time. Returned from Chicago on 2/14 paperwork filed 2/28.:screwy:

Edited by pfries
Guest WyattEarp
Nothing happened to me specifically but I was living in a rough area in Norfolk, VA. This was about the same time as the famous double murder in Knoxville. After reading about it and some soul searching, I decided to start carrying. In VA you can carry openly without a permit. I did it a little but figured I'd be more comfortable concealed, so I applied for and got the license.

I read about the knoxville double murder and that's some sick twisted scary ****. I've got a gf who has a 20 month old daughter and if we are out and something happens I want to be able to protect them and myself. I'll be damned if I'm going out like the poor couple in knoxville did. that's why I'm gonna be carrying soon.

"sent from my highly technical ****."

Came back from spending the night with my daughter in the hospital to find the front door kicked in. Thankfully the rest of the kids were with my parents. I was at the DMV the next week.

Guest pfries
Came back from spending the night with my daughter in the hospital to find the front door kicked in. Thankfully the rest of the kids were with my parents. I was at the DMV the next week.

Thank the good lord they were not there.

Guest motenn

2 attempted carjackings in Knoxville, brother-in-law robbed at gun point leaving work(the criminal ment to kill him, but gun jammed) an attempted car jacking of my sister in Nashville....my pops talked me into it...can be more trouble then worth having at times tho...

Guest bkelm18
2 attempted carjackings in Knoxville, brother-in-law robbed at gun point leaving work(the criminal ment to kill him, but gun jammed) an attempted car jacking of my sister in Nashville....my pops talked me into it...can be more trouble then worth having at times tho...

Protecting your life is more trouble than it's worth?

I always carried anyway, decided to make it legal before I got i trouble. This era we live in is scary. I remember as a child we never locked our doors and the keys stayed in the cars all the time. Now nothing is safe.

• Like 1
Guest motenn
Protecting your life is more trouble than it's worth?

That meaning being harassed by the cops...had to raise hell to the sheriff an mention the word "lawsuit". The local cops kept pulling me over an searching my car for drugs over a 2 month period.