Carry Permit After DUI

I completely agree that we have the right to keep and bare arms (that means we should be able to own and carry firearms).

In the state of TN, thankfully, you do indeed have the right to carry a firearm.

I must not be in the same state you are in. :pleased:

Because in this state it is a crime to carry a loaded gun. You can buy the privilege from the state; but no rights are involved.

I would like to see Tennessee become the next state to acknowledge the right to carry. But we won’t get that if people believe we already have it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest friesepferd

ok ya, we can argue about whether its a right or a privilege when you need to purchase a permit, but what I mean is that TN is shall issue.

If you havn't done anything wrong and can pass a VERY basic test, they cant deny you.

Guest micahrussell

Your right owning a gun is a right but one thing dont constitute the other woulda coulda shoulda but didnt as the ole sayin goes im not trying to justify my actions because they were stupid and irresponsible and i regret it everday but i was ignorant and assinine in my thinkin and actions i just didnt know what one had to do with the over but it is what it is nothin gonna change it untill the laws do again thanks for all the comments and reply really enjoyed you guys feedbacks i havnt had nothin for over 3 years alcohol wise young and dumb but live and learn good talkin bout tho i like forums

Guest micahrussell

Ive not tried to get a permit i just throwed this question out there just to see how it goes ive had guns all my life my family has a big background in lawenforcement my cousin is the sheriff where i live ive never really had a need for a permit

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
A well regulated milita being necessary to the security of free state (tenn) the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed plain text plz dont tell me you cant read and understand that

Didn't want to get caught up in the middle of this, but perhaps the problem you're running into is that someone with 2 DUIs isn't compatible with a militia which is well regulated. :screwy:

Guest WyattEarp
Interesting.

Was that a second DUI within a ten year period?

If not, your info conflicts with the prevailing opinions in the thread, for sure.

- OS

I have a friend who recently got his first DUI, his HCP was revoked for the duration that his license was. I thought it was BS too, because I couldn't find anything in the HCP guidelines that said that either, but that's the way it works.

I have a friend who recently got his first DUI, his HCP was revoked for the duration that his license was. I thought it was BS too, because I couldn't find anything in the HCP guidelines that said that either, but that's the way it works.

Read my post #25.

It was because HCP is pulled for duration of any Class A misdemeanor sentence. It is indeed specified in TCA.

- OS

Guest tommy62

Question #11©(D) on the HCP Application reads as follows:

Have you been convicted of Driving Under the Influence in this state or any other state within (5) years of this application?

(D) Have you been convicted (2) or more times of DUI within in this state or any other state within the past (10) years of the date of this application?

Still a little unsure about wether or not I was actually eligible for my HCP after my DUI, even after all of the replies I got, I went and took my class on Feb 13. I was fingerprinted on Feb 15. Today, 30 days later, I open my mailbox to find my HCP!!!!! Excited as a kid on Christmas. Thanks for all of the replies I got on this. This includes the helpful ones and the entertaining ones I could not read.