Request for examples of "Open carry victim is targeted first"

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold the phone there son. Are you serious? I mean are you really gonna sit there and post that? Specifics are one thing, but you have ducked and dodged this whole thread about "proof this" and "proof that" and "opinions". Now, you have an article where someone was specifically TARGETED AND ATTACKED simply because someone saw a gun. Now I don't know what fantasy land you live in, but according to what I've arrested people for ASSAULT is an actual crime! Who knew right?!

You are absolutely, without a doubt, one of the most full of **** trolls I've seen here.

+1

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read all four pages, but did any one come up with a credible example (besides the one on the first page) or did we just get right down to the personal attacks at the get-go?

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold the phone there son. Are you serious? I mean are you really gonna sit there and post that? Specifics are one thing, but you have ducked and dodged this whole thread about "proof this" and "proof that" and "opinions". Now, you have an article where someone was specifically TARGETED AND ATTACKED simply because someone saw a gun. Now I don't know what fantasy land you live in, but according to what I've arrested people for ASSAULT is an actual crime! Who knew right?!

You are absolutely, without a doubt, one of the most full of **** trolls I've seen here.

I'm not your "son" and don't appreciate the condescending tone you resort to when you lack substance in your position.

The link showed a mentally ill man who randomly walked into that place and flipped his lid. The very nature of what happened shows that the guy was just plain nuts - totally random, didn't even make logical sense nor was there a criminal purpose to the event. He didn't go to Garcia's to rob the place and decide to "take out" the OC patron first to get him out of the way.

But if you want to think a wack-job claiming to be a federal agent who tried to man-handle a gun from a patron's holster while said patron was eating a meal proves your point - you just have at it. If your reasoning against OC is to protect yourself from unpredictable lunatics - then you might as well never leave your house.

I've seen a mentally ill person react violently to me holding a weedeater. I sure don't use that as logic to stop trimming the edges of my lawn :D

I'm not your "son" and don't appreciate the condescending tone you resort to when you lack substance in your position.

The link showed a mentally ill man who randomly walked into that place and flipped his lid. The very nature of what happened shows that the guy was just plain nuts - totally random, didn't even make logical sense nor was there a criminal purpose to the event. He didn't go to Garcia's to rob the place and decide to "take out" the OC patron first to get him out of the way.

But if you want to think a wack-job claiming to be a federal agent who tried to man-handle a gun from a patron's holster while said patron was eating a meal proves your point - you just have at it. If your reasoning against OC is to protect yourself from unpredictable lunatics - then you might as well never leave your house.

I've seen a mentally ill person react violently to me holding a weedeater. I sure don't use that as logic to stop trimming the edges of my lawn :D

Lucky for me I don't care what you appreciate. I just like pointing out to trolls that they are trolling. You are all over the place with this mess of a thread trying to prove some random point and changing the question to suit you. You were given proof for the question you asked plain and simple. Other than that, you just wanted to stir **** up.

I want to conduct a little research of my own (and I don't want to bother to look on my own) so I'll ask all of you to do it for me. :panic:

Can anyone give me credible examples (from this forum) where threads have:

1. Had this many or more pages of posts, and

2. Have been active/gone on longer (in terms of time) than this thread, and

3. Has been as totally meaningless and inconsequential that this thread.

Of course, if you give me examples to answer my question I'll call you names and/or prove how your answer isn't an answer but please feel free to offer your answers anyway. :D

I haven't read all four pages, but did any one come up with a credible example (besides the one on the first page) or did we just get right down to the personal attacks at the get-go?

Sadly, there is a small contingent of mouthy individuals who decided to take it upon themselves to ruin this thread. The only people who don't recognize this fact, are the ones involved.

Sadly, there is a small contingent of mouthy individuals who decided to take it upon themselves to ruin this thread. The only people who don't recognize this fact, are the ones involved.
;) You REALLY need to stop looking in the mirror as you post.

Yessir! The funny thing is if we "ruined" the thread I wonder why none of the mods has said anything? Oh RIGHT, it's because we tried to participate, but "ruined" translates to "didn't get a thread full of people who agree with me so now I'm going to whine about it". I understand now.

• Admin Team

Here's a mod saying let's try not to take things personally or make them personal. No need for that.

I've been thinking about a parallel to this - not quite the same, but very similar - what about armed guards in banks. There are plenty of those who have been targeted first thing in a robbery. Seems like it should apply should it not?

Edited by MacGyver
what about armed guards in banks. There are plenty of those who have been targeted first thing in a robbery. Seems like it should apply should it not?

Lol I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet it doesn't! I'm sorry, but seriously if you've read through this mess you get my point.

Lol I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet it doesn't! I'm sorry, but seriously if you've read through this mess you get my point.

Here you go again with your childish jabs, and in reply to a mod's own words:

Here's a mod saying let's try not to take things personally or make them personal. No need for that.

You're right - no need for that.

I've been thinking about a parallel to this - not quite the same, but very similar - what about armed guards in banks. There are plenty of those who have been targeted first thing in a robbery. Seems like it should apply should it not?

I agree - that is closer to the spirit of what I was asking. But if that is the direction you want to go, a better comparison would be researching if banks without guards are targeted more than banks with guards, or if the bank robber knew there was a guard in place prior to attempting the robbery and if/how that impacted his decision to continue with his plans.

Here you go again with your childish jabs, and in reply to a mod's own words:

You're right - no need for that.

There was nothing childish about it. It's the truth. Im not calling you names, I'm stating the fact that you've been given several points and examples throughout the thread but disregarded them in favor of your agenda. Even what you posted in reply to Mac does that. That type of data simply does not exist in general. You are looking for statements from criminals explaining the hows and whys. I doubt you'll find much of that without talking to the investigating officers in person.

There was nothing childish about it. It's the truth. Im not calling you names, I'm stating the fact that you've been given several points and examples throughout the thread but disregarded them in favor of your agenda. Even what you posted in reply to Mac does that. That type of data simply does not exist in general. You are looking for statements from criminals explaining the hows and whys. I doubt you'll find much of that without talking to the investigating officers in person.

When you are done talking about me and want to talk about the topic, let me know. Thanks.

When you are done talking about me and want to talk about the topic, let me know. Thanks.

Lol I talked about the topic for most of the thread, but you didn't want to hear my "opinions" remember? If you bothered to read anything you'd see the last part of what I wrote is discussing the topic.

You know if you don't like what I have to say there is a button that will make my posts disappear. Just like magic!

Lol I talked about the topic for most of the thread, but you didn't want to hear my "opinions" remember? If you bothered to read anything you'd see the last part of what I wrote is discussing the topic.

You know if you don't like what I have to say there is a button that will make my posts disappear. Just like magic!

FYI, you're still doing it.