Request for examples of "Open carry victim is targeted first"

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious ...

Aaaaand yet another one who thinks they have it all figured out... Especially the part where it is *my* fault this thread degraded when people like you failed to follow the topic focus I set from the start. Yep - you got me, I forced you and the other people to post :cool:

Combative and disagreeable... rich :P

Aaaaand yet another one who thinks they have it all figured out... Especially the part where it is *my* fault this thread degraded when people like you failed to follow the topic focus I set from the start. Yep - you got me, I forced you and the other people to post :cool:

Combative and disagreeable... rich :P

As the OP, you could have closed this thread long ago. That is one way to end this mess.

As the OP, you could have closed this thread long ago. That is one way to end this mess.

No thanks - I don't believe in closing threads or deleting posts. I have no problem leaving my posts up, flawed as they may be. I also refuse to let those who post just to see their text on the screen run me off... I ain't that easy :cool:

...Combative and disagreeable

You must have been looking in the mirror when you wrote that. :cool:

Perhaps it's time for you to start a "Parking Lot Bill"...I know you love that subject too...that way maybe the forum can go at least through the end of the week without talking about open carry. :P

EDIT!!!

Ask and you shall receive...no need to start a thread of your own on the parking lot question; you can just post in this one to complain http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tennessee-politics-legislation/52971-hb0355-mcdonald-parking-lot-bill-filed-2-7-11-a.html

Edited by RobertNashville
  • 2 weeks later...
Join. They will send you enough stickers to hold your car together if it rusts out!

Been a member for years, they sent me some when I first joined, but since have not (that I can recall).

I'm sure they're just a phone call away.

Guest kirkosaurus

Finally. With 43 states having legal open carry we finally have one instance where someone was targeted for their gun. Case closed against open carry! Now we can all go back to concealing!

Finally. With 43 states having legal open carry we finally have one instance where someone was targeted for their gun. Case closed against open carry! Now we can all go back to concealing!

Ooh, look - a straw man!

From the original post:

please provide a source for this happening, somewhere in the United States, to a non-LEO private citizen carrying OC as per the laws of his or her state.

As it stands, I would suggest that this line of thinking is - until proven otherwise - nothing more than an old wives tale or urban legend.

No one said this example proves OC is bad or dangerous, simply pointing that it has happened as an answer to the OP.

Carry on with your religious-like discussion...

No one said this example proves OC is bad or dangerous, simply pointing that it has happened as an answer to the OP.

If you take "targeted first" to mean "Fruitcake-crazy guy yelled out that he was a federal agent but no actual attack, crime, or shooting took place", then I guess you can think that fits what I was asking.

I was asking about actual "bad guys" seeing a person with a gun and "taking them out first" before carrying on with their intended crime. My apologies for not being that specific in the first post to clarify what I was asking.

Guest kirkosaurus
Ooh, look - a straw man!

From the original post:

Carry on with your religious-like discussion...

Whoops, I forgot to put the smiley face at the end of my post. Would that have made it better?

Wow, talk about getting bent out of shape...

Whoops, I forgot to put the smiley face at the end of my post. Would that have made it better?

Wow, talk about getting bent out of shape...

No bent one bit, just thought it ludicrous to act as if that was the point of the post.

Guest kirkosaurus
No bent one bit, just thought it ludicrous to act as if that was the point of the post.

And if you read any of my posts in this thread you would clearly see that I know that isn't the point of this thread.

If you take "targeted first" to mean "Fruitcake-crazy guy yelled out that he was a federal agent but no actual attack, crime, or shooting took place", then I guess you can think that fits what I was asking.

I was asking about actual "bad guys" seeing a person with a gun and "taking them out first" before carrying on with their intended crime. My apologies for not being that specific in the first post to clarify what I was asking.

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold the phone there son. Are you serious? I mean are you really gonna sit there and post that? Specifics are one thing, but you have ducked and dodged this whole thread about "proof this" and "proof that" and "opinions". Now, you have an article where someone was specifically TARGETED AND ATTACKED simply because someone saw a gun. Now I don't know what fantasy land you live in, but according to what I've arrested people for ASSAULT is an actual crime! Who knew right?!

Torres then attacked Garcia, hitting him and trying to get the gun. The gun fell on the floor, a customer grabbed it, and then put it in the manager's office.
You are absolutely, without a doubt, one of the most full of **** trolls I've seen here.