Justified season premier

laktrash

Guest 6.8 AR
I really enjoyed last night's episode. I can't believe they killed who they killed at the end.

One thing I am not liking is the animosity Art is showing toward Raylan.

I don't either, but Art likes him and knows Raylan skirted the law with his girlfriend.

At least he knows something was wrong.

Art's done quite a bit for him and he wants him to be wearing a real white hat.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was less than impressed with last night's episode. It felt kinda like a recanting to a degree. Not that I thought Mags was really out of the business, but that after cutting Dickie off, and throwing him to Raylan, she comes back to him and acts like it was her plan all along. The characters are right to a degree, but the writing felt a little lackluster to me.

Boyd is still my favorite character, and I really like the turn Ava has taken I was impressed with what she had to say to Arlo at the house after what happened. I don't like Winona that much. I feel like her storyline detracts from the over all feel of the show.

I kinda wish that some of the other marshall's were more heavily involved, I like their characters and don't feel that they are being fleshed out that much.

However, all and all I am impressed with the show and the less than heavy bias with which it represents us hill folks. It is pretty good and mostly accurate.

Last night's episode was good. Season finale next week looks great. I don't know that they'll do better than last season, but I'm hopeful.

Any guesses on who's going to shoot Doyle next week when he gets the drop on Raylan?

I'm guessing Boyd. Just a shot in the dark.

I was impressed. Could have been longer, but it wrapped the season up pretty well.

I love the whole Raylan/Boyd storyline. I can't wait to see where it goes in the future. It is ironic in a fashion, even though it is cliche that best friends grow up to live on separate sides of the law, yet remain so... similar, cordial and understanding of one another. Even though one of them shot the other.

Prediction: After X lays down the law No Marshall or Her, Rayland becomes a gun-totting Ice Cream Salesman undercover with the Marshals Service and becomes known as the Ice Cream Guy who has a knack for solving problems. Maybe

Last nights finale was good and bad.

I hated to see that Gorgeous drink of water Ava get shot. I love her.

Dickey should have got shot too.

I am also interested in seeing where the Raylan and Boyd relationship goes in the future.

The skinny ex is distracting however her and Ava could do a great scene together. :lol:

I hate that the season is over. Now there is a long wait for SOA to come back on.

Pow!!! right in the forehead. Didn't expect that and it was great. I also liked how the shot inside set the idiots off outside. That is about something I would expect to see happen in real life.

• Admin Team

Good episode. Tim is my favorite character on the show - glad he shot Doyle. It was good to see a reconciliation with Art/Raylan, too. Even if they didn't have words, Art came to help him out.

Pow!!! right in the forehead. Didn't expect that and it was great. I also liked how the shot inside set the idiots off outside. That is about something I would expect to see happen in real life.

There had been advertisements for the show showing that scene with Rayland on the ground and Doyle standing over him. Was wondering how Rayland was going to get out of it. That was a nice surprise.

What about Megs poisoning Herself ? Did you notice how she picked one glass from the bottom of the cabinet and another one from the middle shelf...

What about Megs poisoning Herself ? Did you notice how she picked one glass from the bottom of the cabinet and another one from the middle shelf...

I saw that. I am surprised that Raylan didn't. I knew something was gonna happen when she offered him a drink. I had the feeling she was gonna poison herself, but part of me was worried she was gonna go after Raylan.

I saw that. I am surprised that Raylan didn't. I knew something was gonna happen when she offered him a drink. I had the feeling she was gonna poison herself, but part of me was worried she was gonna go after Raylan.

Need to watch that scene again and see if maybe she was going to poison Rayland but switched glasses at the last moment. I was wondering if she poisoned Him how they were going to save him since it was such a quick acting poison.

• Admin Team

Does it go a third season? What do you guys think?

There is still some storyline there, especially with Boyd. I hate it, however when a series tries to milk a good thing for too long, ala the X-Files. I would much rather see some of these smaller cable networks say, "We're going to take 13 or 26 episodes, a bunch of mostly unknown actors, tell a perfect story, then call it a day." You could do some pretty cool stuff, and maybe start to capture some ground back from the big networks and the reality TV debacle.

Guest BungieCord

Olyphant has this character nailed. Same one he played in HBO's Deadwood, except Givens has a bigger libido than Bullock.

Guest Grout
Does it go a third season? What do you guys think?

There is still some storyline there, especially with Boyd. I hate it, however when a series tries to milk a good thing for too long, ala the X-Files. I would much rather see some of these smaller cable networks say, "We're going to take 13 or 26 episodes, a bunch of mostly unknown actors, tell a perfect story, then call it a day." You could do some pretty cool stuff, and maybe start to capture some ground back from the big networks and the reality TV debacle.

Then you need to watch The Killing on AMC cause that is exactly what that series is and it's damn good too.It's based on a Danish series.Each episode is a day in the investigation of a murder.
Guest Grout

This season finale was ok,didn't like the fact that Raylin got his ass saved twice.The final act with Megs was good however,she didn't mix up the glasses.Deep down she loved Raylin in a motherly way no way she could have killed him herself.I give this season a B- whereas the first season was a solid A

Did a little Research on the series: Seems that Justified was created from a short story by Elmore Leonard called "Fire in the Hole" which can be read on line for free, if anyone is interested. Spoiler_ Fire in the Hole is Ist episode season 1.

In season 1 opener, Rayland shoots a Gangster called Tommy Bucks, the Book Pronto by Elmore Leonard introduces the reader to Rayland Givens and the background on Tommy Bucks FWIW

Guest 6.8 AR

There's a bit of Raylan in "When the Women Come Out to Dance" by Leonard.

When reading it, it's like you're watching the show.

I hope that show goes ten or more seasons.

I can't wait to see how Boyd deals with Dickey.