Red Jacket Suppressors???

Guest Jcochran88

Guest Jcochran88

Does anyone have any experience with Red Jacket suppressor product line? Or do you have any recommendations for a .22 suppressor to be used on 10/22 and sig misquito? And why where at it should I do a trust or not?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no experience with Red Jacket.

I have a GemTech Outback which is small, light, and works very well on both rifles and pistols, including my Walther P22.

In TN, we have mandatory sheriff sign-offs for the Form4 transfer. Why do you want a trust? It seems like unnecessary complication, expense, and paperwork.

In TN, we have mandatory sheriff sign-offs for the Form4 transfer. Why do you want a trust? It seems like unnecessary complication, expense, and paperwork.

I prefer not to inform more people than needed about my purchases. Also you can put several people on a trust and change those people at any time you wish. So if you wanted your wife to be able to legally possess your NFA item a trust would be a viable route. Once you have the trust all you have to do is amend the Schedule A to add items to it in the future. So no Fingerprint cards, not trip to the local LEO's, no involving more people in your business than necessary, and the flexibility of being able to name more than one person as a legal possessor of the item(s).

My reasoning.

Guest Jcochran88
I have no experience with Red Jacket.

I have a GemTech Outback which is small, light, and works very well on both rifles and pistols, including my Walther P22.

I am wanting the trust so that my father and brother can legally posses this. Like they wanted to borrow it this way it would be legal. I think? as long as their names are on the trust.

I have no personal experience with Red Jacket Firearms suppressors. They seem to mostly be aluminum with SS first baffles. For the money you can get SS construction with Iconel first baffles. I just thought that they were too expensive for just aluminum bodies. YHM all SS .308 suppresors are cheaper (cost) than RJF. But like I said, I have no personal experience with thier suppressors. I did however get to shoot some of thier custom AK's when they were Red Stick Firearms a long time ago. Way (WAY) better than Century but not as good as Arsenal (non Saiga) AK's.

Guest josh123
I want one of those integrally surpressed AK's they got....now if I can just find where I misplaced my $2800.

that thing was sweet!!! my heart literally broke when they buried it in mud haha

Guest crotalus01

In Memphis the trust is actually cheaper assuming you do it with Quicken. You dont have to pay for the photos, the no wants/no warrents the Sheriff requires before he will sign, or the fingerprinting fee. Also it allows for multiple persons to be able to legally possess the weapon as opposed to registering as an individual which would require you to physically be present with anyone who wanted to use it. I have done both individual registration and the trust, and I will not register as an individual again. I am even seriously considering transferring my individual registered weapon into my trust (assuming I come up with a spare $200 that is not allocated to yet another NFA purchase) :mad:

YMMV...