First handgun...

Parrothead

I know many of us hold a special respect for the first handgun we purchased. Sadly, i sold mine off during my broke college years. It was a relatively cheap gun but it always worked. It was a Taurus 24/7millenium pro. Nothing special...i could buy 10 of them tomorrow but it wouldn't be the same has the "first"

What was your first handgun? :)

Edited by Parrothead
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest josh123
a handgun at walmart ?!?!? yea, i'm too young to remember those days.

haha me too half the walmarts in memphis dont even sell guns period..

im buying my first pistol tommorro morning.. a ruger lcp ill post some pics when i get home

My first ever handgun was a Dan Wesson .357 that I bought used back in about 1978 or so. It was the kind where the barrel could be swapped out with different lengths. Mine was just a standard non-vent-rib 4" barrel and I didn't have any of the other barrel lengths.

Other than it being somewhat rare now, I don't have any special fondness for that one. However, my SECOND pistol was a true classic. A Smith & Wesson Model 66 (no dash) 4" revolver, with the stainless front and rear sights. I carried that gun as a service revolver for about 10 years. Man I wish I still had that gun.

Guest josh123
Congratulations! I've got an LCP and love it. Post a report.

i will for sure.. im pretty pumped just waiting on an email of when and where exactly to meet ha

My first ever handgun was a Dan Wesson .357 that I bought used back in about 1978 or so. It was the kind where the barrel could be swapped out with different lengths. Mine was just a standard non-vent-rib 4" barrel and I didn't have any of the other barrel lengths.

My grandfather left me a Dan Wesson .357 One of my favorites for sure

wbuosz.jpg

That's a great looking example! One of the neat features of the DW was the placement of the cylinder release. You could actually open the cylinder and dump the brass with one hand while going for your reload / speed loader. Had a one-piece grip with that single allen-screw in the butt of the grip if I remember correctly, similar to the later Hogue monogrips.

Guest Keinengel

I had a 6" DW Mod 15 just like the one above for a while. I traded it to another TGOer some time ago. It was a good shooter thats for sure.

My first was a Blued Colt Series 80 1991A1 with the black rubber grips. It was a no frills, loose fitting starter gun that i picked up for 500 even at a pawn shop in nearly unfired condition. It had the low profile mil sights that I can't stand and the reletivly ugly dark black finish with the rubber grips kinda made me draw away from that one quickly. I traded it for a used Sig 226 9mm and never looked back.

Mine was a used Smith and Wesson Model 28 Highway Patrolman with 6" barrel. Purchased the day after my 18th birthday. Kept it for many years and even carried it while working as a deputy. After a year or two of wearing it on my Sam Brown, I grew tired of the weight, and bought a Glock 17 to replace it. I eventually sold the revolver. Sure wish I had it now!! It was one sweet shooter.

AMT 380 still have it.I bought it the late 70 or early 80's can't remember I carried in my back pocket while running a beer route in downtown knoxville before the worlds fair came to town . Downtown was pretty scuzy back then also had central ave and parts of south knoxville. I know AMT s have a bad rap but this one also function fine also have a hardballer from that era. I carried with a boxcutter (note scratches) and hanky in same back pocket :D

mischandguns001.jpg