Are new mini14s accurate?

mousegunner

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 581 prefix will put them all in a 1.5 inch circle at 100 yards,they are not bench rest rifles but do pretty well.

Was just shooting my 581 today, too.

Generally do 4-6" at 200 yards elbow braced on table with the cheap Russkie stuff. I'm not much of a shot, though.

- OS

Was just shooting my 581 today, too.

Generally do 4-6" at 200 yards elbow braced on table with the cheap Russkie stuff. I'm not much of a shot, though.

- OS

When I sighted mine in we used a bench and sand bags at my dads place in Michigan,hes been a Mini 14 fan for many years.he touched up my trigger group and sighted it in for me.Hes the right man for the job,im just a mediocre shot myself.

Ruger really made an effort about 5 years ago to improve the accuracy of the mini's, hence the 58o and 581 prefix. I was talking to the head armoror of the Michigan Dept. of Corrections a few months ago, and he said in their accuracy tests, the new minis beat out several top brand AR's. Hence the fact they still have several thousand mini's in inventory and continue to buy them.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Looks like a new-ish Mini 14 might have to make it onto my list of upcoming (eventual) acquisitions. I can't quite justify the cost of a decent AR at this point, am not 100% sold on the idea of an inexpensive AK, and have nowhere appropriate to shoot something like a Rem. 700 in the way I would like to shoot it. Looks like the Mini 14 might give me a decent balance of some of the things I'm looking for, that would still be shootable around here, and wouldn't break the bank. Hmmmm...

....I disagree that the old mini 14s aren't accurate. Mine will shoot 1 1/2" 100 yard groups with WalMart ammo. Not a target rifle, but you can't really call that inaccurate. ......

Greg:_______________

Is your mini glass bedded?

thanks,

leroy

Guest 5Legion

I have a Mini-14 581 Tactical - shoots every bit as good as my CMMG AR, and is more accurate than my Saiga AK. Mini-14s are decent little rifles if you keep them KISS.

5L