Deputies dumped man out of wheelchair

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterner, who can drive a car but has not been able to walk since a 1994 wrestling accident, was arrested at his Riverview home and taken to the Orient Road Jail on a charge of fleeing and attempting to elude a police officer, according to records. He had called for charges to be filed against Marshall-Jones.

Its screewed up that it took so long for anything to happen to this heifer.

Good things come to those who wait. It sounds to me like the Sheriff did the right thing in taking the time for a full investigation. As long as this was an internal disciplinary investigation she could not evoke the 5th. They could have her file written reports describing what happened. At the point that this becomes a custodial interview on criminal charges; she doesn’t have to answer anything.

You know we all get bent out of shape (and rightly so) when a HCP holder acts like a moron and makes us all look bad, and we defend the fact that most HCP are not the same. Why does that not apply to Police? ;)

Sure some are stupid, arrogant, bullies, whatever, but that is the minority. It seems that we have accepted the premise that police are inherently corrupt and these few and far between exapmles are simply evidence of what we already know. I reject that premise and believe that these rare examples are just that, rare (statistically speaking) anomalies. ;)

Guest bkelm18
You know we all get bent out of shape (and rightly so) when a HCP holder acts like a moron and makes us all look bad, and we defend the fact that most HCP are not the same. Why does that not apply to Police? ;)

Sure some are stupid, arrogant, bullies, whatever, but that is the minority. It seems that we have accepted the premise that police are inherently corrupt and these few and far between exapmles are simply evidence of what we already know. I reject that premise and believe that these rare examples are just that, rare (statistically speaking) anomalies. ;)

Because police are held to a much higher standard than HCP holders.

Sure some are stupid, arrogant, bullies, whatever, but that is the minority. It seems that we have accepted the premise that police are inherently corrupt and these few and far between examples are simply evidence of what we already know. I reject that premise and believe that these rare examples are just that, rare (statistically speaking) anomalies. ;)

I agree with what you are saying.

The trouble is a larger percent of the general public and law makers see these few examples of LEO's as a rare incident and a bad seed, but see something done by a HCP holder as representation of all of us. ;)

When a legislator wants to site one or two incidents committed by the general public or the rare incident committed by a person with a HCP, I so bad want to ask them if they (legislators) would like to be judged as whole by what a few did in the TN Waltz sting.

Because police are held to a much higher standard than HCP holders.

Are they? That's interesting, because as soon as this came up in the thread about LE carry restrictions being lifted, the cry was there wasn't any difference between LE and "civilians". Seems to be a standard we want to apply only when it works for us. ;)

I agree with what you are saying.

The trouble is a larger percent of the general public and law makers see these few examples of LEO's as a rare incident and a bad seed, but see something done by a HCP holder as representation of all of us. ;)

When a legislator wants to site one or two incidents committed by the general public or the rare incident committed by a person with a HCP, I so bad want to ask them if they (legislators) would like to be judged as whole by what a few did in the TN Waltz sting.

That's because they really don't believe anyone, other than LE, should own or carry a gun! ;) That's probably why there tends to be a backlash against LE on these issues. LE are the privileged child, while HCP holders are treated like the step-kid.

Edited by Smith

As most here can tell you; I agree. ;) But Police Officers are held to a higher standard. They are held to a standard higher than the President of the United States.

Even when they are right there will be some that will disagree with what they did. But when they are clearly wrong and we see video evidence of it; they should be made examples of.

That's because they really don't believe anyone, other than LE, should own or carry a gun! ;) That's probably why there tends to be a backlash against LE on these issues. LE are the privileged child, while HCP holders are treated like the step-kid.

That is not the view of most of the LEO's I know... and I know many.

Guest bkelm18
Are they? That's interesting, because as soon as this came up in the thread about LE carry restrictions being lifted, the cry was there wasn't any difference between LE and "civilians". Seems to be a standard we want to apply only when it works for us. ;)

Nope, it's a standard that should be applied to all LEOs always. Hate to break it to ya, but they go through weeks if not months of training, not a dinky 8 hour "This is a pistol, this is how you shoot it" course (no offense to the instructors here).

Nope, it's a standard that should be applied to all LEOs always. Hate to break it to ya, but they go through weeks if not months of training, not a dinky 8 hour "This is a pistol, this is how you shoot it" course (no offense to the instructors here).

Yeah it's 22 weeks. I'm a little out of context here and chasing a rabbit, but this is kinda the reverse of a discussion in another thread that I referenced earlier. BTW, I agree with you. I start in June.