The proper way to eat brains...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KimberChick

I clearly remember my grandparents eating pork brains and eggs when I was little. They were also "country" and didn't meet a single part of a pig that couldn't be "et" so to speak. I learned that chitlins, properly cleaned and dredged in cornmeal, could be eaten provided ketchup was applied...though as a 6 year-old I wasn't aware what a chitlin actually was, lol.

My Grandfather used to make me brains and eggs from time to time.... called them 'Cowboy Eggs' and I loved them. My wife grew up eating squirrel brains right out of a fresh cooked squirrel head....and I've witnessed this.... afraid I'm not man enough for the Indiana Jones-like brains from a squirrel skull stunt....

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
My Grandfather used to make me brains and eggs from time to time.... called them 'Cowboy Eggs' and I loved them. My wife grew up eating squirrel brains right out of a fresh cooked squirrel head....and I've witnessed this.... afraid I'm not man enough for the Indiana Jones-like brains from a squirrel skull stunt....

Your wife is hardcore.

I clearly remember my grandparents eating pork brains and eggs when I was little. ......

I, too, was frequently served pork brains and scrambled eggs by my maternal Grandmother. I have yet to enjoy my first chitlin, however. I suspect it will be awhile.

Depending on the animal brains have very high amounts of cholesterol per serving. And in most cases we ate more than a standard serving.

Braised pork brain has 3,250% of your daily dose of cholesterol per serving Calories in Pork, Fresh, Brain

Simmered beef brain has 4,040%. Calories in Beef Brain

Braised lamb brain has 2,363% Calories in Lamb, Brain

Braised veal brain has 3,503% Calories in Veal, Brain

Knowing this it is a wonder most of us didn't die at age 7 from heart disease. :D

Dolomite

Man, y'all must've been seriously hungry. Guts, brains, organs of ANY kind....nasty. I won't say i'll never eat it cause we'll all eat grub worms and kidneys before we starve to death but I'm a loooong way from that. Yuck!

Guest Oaklands

My dad loves pork brains and scrambled eggs. Not me!! He has a cousin in Arizona that cannot find them in stores there. He sends him a case of them whenever he runs out.

Guest RiseMechanical

My grandpa liked boiled squirrel brains straight out of the skull too. Gutted, skinned and boiled. I remember the eyes were still attached looking like, WTF!

I tried pork brains and eggs when I was young. Still have never tried chitterlings though. I don't remember anybody in my family ever making them.

As it turns out, I got me making a piss poor zombie!