Poll: Best Handgun for Competition

What's the best Glock for competition (IDPA, USPSA, etc...)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best Glock for competition (IDPA, USPSA, etc...)

• Glock 17
    • Glock 19
    • Glock 21
    • Glock 22
    • Glock 23
    • Glock 30

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glock 21 or M&P 45 -- Reason in IDPA you can shoot either one of these guns in SSP/ESP/CDP division. One gun fits them all(except the revolver class). But if you want to get technical the best gun for competition is the one you shoot the best!

Guest gw2and4
I meant to say that a 21 in ESP will get you last place. I've seen many a 21 shooter hold his own in CDP.

Lately, any gun in my hands wins last place. B)

HOG is right--any gun you shoot well. For me, the 34 shoots really well. So that's what I run.

Sent from my iPhone 4

If you're looking for the "Best Competition Glock" you should update the choices and remove the G23 & G30 and Add the G17L , G24, G34 & G35.

My vote is the G34 unless you load your own, then maybe the G35 if you want to play USPSA.

Sight radius and mag capacity are your friends.....

Glock 35. Download and shoot Minor USPSA Production, Steel Challenge, SSP,ESP and 3Gun. Load Major and shoot USPSA L-10, Limited, or add a comp and shoot Open.

DaG

+1

I am currently playing with 1911s, but if I go back to a Glock (an occasional temptation), I'm gonna pick up a 35 for many of these reasons, but mainly so I can have a hi-cap major gun that I know I can shoot. 10 round minor guns are killing me in USPSA and 3-gun.

I'll echo those in favor of the 35 if you reload. If not, then 9mm of course will save you money per round.

But if you reload, 40 is by far the way to go. Above and beyond the division applications, a minor load in 40 (even when shooting a higher PF) feels much more controllable than factory 9mm. It will drop steel better and can conceivably change a "C" to an "A" because of the larger diameter.

yeah, incomplete poll

Rant on.

This poll is for me. I wanted to know the best pistol out of those choices. If I wanted to include other choices, I would have. I have enjoyed reading responses and have spent some time researching the 34 and 35. But my next pistol purchase will double as a "competition gun" and a potential carry gun. So thanks to the people who actually responded to the poll for my benefit. Again, if you want a more complete poll feel free to make your own.

Rant off.

A friend shoots 3 gun using a 17 with a fiber optic front sight. It seem to work nicely. If you want to try USPSA major you will need full size 40 at minimum and good loads. I wouldn't compete with a compact or subcompact. Unless it is solely for practice with a carry weapon. I would only shoot IDPA with compact or smaller.

I wasn't ranting, just thought the poll was incomplete. Once you clarified, i understood. Good luck.

Guest 6.8 AR

I guessed, Glock 21, but I have never competed, and that's knowing I shoot my 30 better. What else would

you expect from an average shooter?

• 1 month later...