Generation 4 Glock 26

Howler

I've never been a Glock guy till recent. I shot a friends 17 and have tried to buy it many time with no success. He refuses to give it up.

After looking around and trying to pick up a used Glock I ended up getting a new one. Well, the wife and I took it to ORSA this morning and put some rounds down the pipe. We also took her gen 3 26 and my XD to do a comparison. Other than the grip on the Glocks I couldn't tell them apart. I never thought the glocks trigger was heavy till pulling the XD's right after. Just my 2cent but the Springfield trigger is a little better. However the difference was not enough to hurt anything. The only other thing I noticed was the gen 4 seemed to shot a little left. No big deal ns will be installed soon.

I've got to put more rounds through it before It gets carried, but so far I like it.

Oh yeah... we took the camera and the wife shot some pics too. I like the fire coming out the end.

IMG_1703.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one 1911, and may get more. But, if I'm going to carry a .45, it will be a plastic one. haven't picked one yet

It's the G30 (.45) for me. It carries as easily as the g19. Yeah, I will always carry plastic. Don't want to lose or have to surrender a $2k gun to the authorities or car thieves.

SavageSig, That is my original prototype grip reduction job. I like the HKP7 but can't shoot it well due to a hand repair job. I like low bore axis and fast flat pointing, as well as grips that replicate all my past and current fascination with hand tools, sticks, clubs, bows, etc. I filled the grip void with acraglas then ground the backstrap off and cut up into the area where the trigger guard and grip meet and some up under the tang to get the flattest fastest point with the lowest possible bore axis. It works but doesn't garner much admiration and was too much work to replicate for the fun. The bottom left G17 is cutoff at G19 lenght and has some of the same work. It is a fast flat pointing G17.

Craig

Very cool. Maybe some day I'll be brave enough to start modifying a Glock. I love 'em but they don't fit my hands that great.

SavageSig, That is my original prototype grip reduction job. I like the HKP7 but can't shoot it well due to a hand repair job. I like low bore axis and fast flat pointing, as well as grips that replicate all my past and current fascination with hand tools, sticks, clubs, bows, etc. I filled the grip void with acraglas then ground the backstrap off and cut up into the area where the trigger guard and grip meet and some up under the tang to get the flattest fastest point with the lowest possible bore axis. It works but doesn't garner much admiration and was too much work to replicate for the fun. The bottom left G17 is cutoff at G19 lenght and has some of the same work. It is a fast flat pointing G17.

Craig

The Springfield XD triggers are better than the Glocks. I love my XD-45 and XDm-40 but my Glock 19 is a sweatheart and my Glock 36 is one mean little rascal. I feel blessed

to have these fine pistols in my stable. If I had to sell one, it would be the XDm-40. If I had to sell another it would be the Glock 36.

I've never been a Glock guy till recent. I shot a friends 17 and have tried to buy it many time with no success. He refuses to give it up.

After looking around and trying to pick up a used Glock I ended up getting a new one. Well, the wife and I took it to ORSA this morning and put some rounds down the pipe. We also took her gen 3 26 and my XD to do a comparison. Other than the grip on the Glocks I couldn't tell them apart. I never thought the glocks trigger was heavy till pulling the XD's right after. Just my 2cent but the Springfield trigger is a little better. However the difference was not enough to hurt anything. The only other thing I noticed was the gen 4 seemed to shot a little left. No big deal ns will be installed soon.

I've got to put more rounds through it before It gets carried, but so far I like it.

Oh yeah... we took the camera and the wife shot some pics too. I like the fire coming out the end.

IMG_1703.jpg

How is the interchangeable backstrap on the little Glocks? When baby Glocks came out was excited but found out just did not fit my smallish hand at all. Fullsize is OK for me and G19 is best.

I have bigger hands and I can't say that the different grips helps me shoot any better but there is a difference. I've added the backstraps just to see how they feel and took them back off. When I pull the gun up to shoot I don't even think about the grip. It seems I only pay attention to the grip when handling it at home. When at the range I guess I focus more on trigger control and hitting the target. I might go shoot it again tomorrow and try it in a different configuration just to see how it feels.