Chattanooga parks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shabam

The wife,kids and I were on our way to the bridge Saturday and noticed the NO CARRY signs so never made it to the park. Kinda glad we didn't. Those thugs must have missed the NO CARRY signs

Yea I stopped using the bridge too. I used to go there a lot, got married on it as well. If public places are to be posted, HCP holders should get a 10% tax refund (property, sales, etc) as we are being taxed to fund places that we cannot visit... I think I will bounce that idea off the elected officials... always fun to send those sorts of letters.

I used to take my girls downtown almost every Saturday, where we would bike and hang out at the park and aquarium.

Now that the whole damn area has been posted, we don't go there--and don’t spend money there--anymore.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yea I stopped using the bridge too. I used to go there a lot, got married on it as well. If public places are to be posted, HCP holders should get a 10% tax refund (property, sales, etc) as we are being taxed to fund places that we cannot visit... I think I will bounce that idea off the elected officials... always fun to send those sorts of letters.

Now that is an idea. I don't like paying for things I am not welcome to use.

Guest tommy62

From Chattanoogan online- Signs declaring "Minors Must Have Adult Supervision" will be posted throughout the park. Just what we need ANOTHER D**N SIGN. Our media star radio host (councilman Andre McGerry) on his talk radio was showing his anti-gun colors when asked about HCP holders visiting the park. I think it is a crock.

Edited by tommy62
Guest RevScottie

What Chattanooga lacks is LEADERSHIP. The mayor coming out with his "dramatic" news conference 2 days after the fact in order to say they are going to post a no minors allowed sign? Give me a break. Beside that being a stupid idea because the problem will just move elsewhere one of the persons involved in this weekends fight was 18 and not a minor. I would love to see an open televised forum where the mayor has to defend his record. There are some hard questions that need to be answered concerning crime in Chattanooga and posting signs ain't even going to scratch the surface.

Guest tommy62
What Chattanooga lacks is LEADERSHIP. The mayor coming out with his "dramatic" news conference 2 days after the fact in order to say they are going to post a no minors allowed sign? Give me a break. Beside that being a stupid idea because the problem will just move elsewhere one of the persons involved in this weekends fight was 18 and not a minor. I would love to see an open televised forum where the mayor has to defend his record. There are some hard questions that need to be answered concerning crime in Chattanooga and posting signs ain't even going to scratch the surface.

He's like crabs... hard to get rid of.

Guest GLOCKGUY

I use to take the wife and kids down town Chattanooga all the time but now with all the no gun signs and all the gang members taking over down there, I don't even drive through there now.

Doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy that taxpayers spent all this money to provide a nice place for thugs and gangs to hang out while posting signs restricting honest taxpaying citizens? You have to really ask the question, what jackass thought a gun buster sign would actually deter criminals from carrying on the property?

Nothing to worry about. They're going to post signs.

Soon as they are up in Coolidge, they will go up in all the other hot spots in the city. Crime problem solved.

What is it now, something like 14 or 15 shootings in 12 days?

This might be a very interesting summer.

Nothing to worry about. They're going to post signs.

Soon as they are up in Coolidge, they will go up in all the other hot spots in the city. Crime problem solved.

What is it now, something like 14 or 15 shootings in 12 days?

This might be a very interesting summer.

I believe the year's count for gang shootings is in the 80s range.

Remember now, the "mayor" says Chattanooga doesn't have a gang or crime problem....

Edited by strickj
Guest Konig
I visit the Collegedale Greenway and spend money there for these reasons. If it is posted I have never seen it.

In Colledgedale it is Legal to carry at the Greenway!

Guest tommy62

Went today to walk the bridge. I never knew until today that Coolidge Park is not dog friendly. No guns, no dogs, I'll not be back.

Edited by tommy62