Alasaka State Trooper TV

Guest KCSTEVE

Guest KCSTEVE

Did anyone see the Alaska State Trooper episode where the trooper wrote a guy a ticket for not immediately announcing that he had a handgun in the car?

The trooper ask if there was anything that he (trooper) should be concerned about and the guy said "I've got a handgun" and the trooper cuffed him, wrote him a ticket because the man did not tell him fast enough and then kept his gun for evidence.

Sorry, I misspelled our 49th state, Alaska, in the title. Now I can't edit the title.

Edited by KCSTEVE
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see the Alaska State Trooper episode where the trooper wrote a guy a ticket for not immediately announcing that he had a handgun in the car?

The trooper ask if there was anything that he (trooper) should be concerned about and the guy said "I've got a handgun" and the trooper cuffed him, wrote him a ticket because the man did not tell him fast enough and then kept his gun for evidence.

I did see it....

I can't remember the timing of it all, but I think you are supposed to tell them very, very first thing. It does seem like it was a bit of a ways into the stop before the guy said he had the gun.

Overall I think the troopers up there do a good job and LEOs down here could learn a lot from them.

Guest KCSTEVE

Alaska website says "Any person 21 years of age or older may carry a handgun concealed on their person provided that, when contacted by a police officer, informs the officer of that possession and allows the police officer to secure the handgun for the duration of that contact."

Guest Rando

I have them set to record on my dvr so have pretty much seen them all. I think its just like here, you always have a few that like to show they are butt heads but for the most part they do a great job. I kinda envy them and the border patrol guys ( but not the friggin forty below crap they can keep that) semms to be action all of the time. I have seen more than the one that showed his behind for the camera but most just love the job and do it well. Kudos to the real good guys and thanks!!!!

Overall I think the troopers up there do a good job and LEOs down here could learn a lot from them.

You think they are teaching them something the cops here don’t know? Or do you think the fact that they may not have back-up most of the time has something to do with it? :confused:

You think they are teaching them something the cops here don’t know? Or do you think the fact that they may not have back-up most of the time has something to do with it? :confused:

We have a winner.

For many officers, the rate at which their interpersonal communications skills improve is directly correlated to the distance and response time of their backup.

Alaska website says "Any person 21 years of age or older may carry a handgun concealed on their person provided that, when contacted by a police officer, informs the officer of that possession and allows the police officer to secure the handgun for the duration of that contact."

Correct...and I think the officers point is he didn't inform him, until he asked, which was a far amount of time after the first contact.

You think they are teaching them something the cops here don’t know? Or do you think the fact that they may not have back-up most of the time has something to do with it? :D

Oh I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, but the still get the job done. But I do think they have better people skills

So no reason to act like an ass just becuse you'll have a bunch more asses come back you up shortly...:confused:

But even when there are already 2-3+ on scene they still are usually the same.

Edited by Fallguy
I haven't seen that one, but any chance editing might have made it look different than it really was?

Possible I guess. I have to say the way I remember it, it was fair amount of time after the stop before the trooper asked about guns and they guy said anything. So if the law there is that you must inform right away (which I think it is) it probably was not soon enough.

The guy had the gun under his leg. He talked with the Trooper for about 2 minutes before the Trooper asked him about having guns. The Trooper was a little ticked off that the guy had the gun right beside his hand and did not inform him. The guy also had a felony charge pending. Technically he was still legal but probably not for much longer.

The guy had the gun under his leg. He talked with the Trooper for about 2 minutes before the Trooper asked him about having guns. The Trooper was a little ticked off that the guy had the gun right beside his hand and did not inform him. The guy also had a felony charge pending. Technically he was still legal but probably not for much longer.

Yep...I remember now.