Anyone have problems with Palmetto State Armory?

Guest TargetShooter84

Guest TargetShooter84

I ordered a AR15 lower and the kit also too, to be sent to my FFL. I ordered it on 3/15/11 and I went to the FFL dealer and had them fax them their license so they can ship it out. I emailed PSA the following day to make sure they got the FFL fax, they confirmed it and I have not heard anything....I sent a email last week asking for status of order and no response at all.

Anyone have problems with it? I've already sent another email out tonight so we'll see if they respond in morning or not on status of the order. The site says it'd be 5 days for it to get it shipped out....its been over 5 days.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bought from them 3-4 times with good results.

They have commented in the past that the due to volume of sales and shipping, the staff barely has time to respond to emails, (hence a delay on those), so they encouraged a phone call. They are always pleasant and helpful on the phone when I have called.

Bert

Guest TargetShooter84

Well I hope I don't become the first one to have problems with them....I just like it when business honor their words...if they say it takes 5 days to ship, they should honor that...especially since you're droppign big chunks of $$$ with them.

I'll give them a call....no email response as of right now.

Guest TargetShooter84

Well I got ahold of them by phone after 5th try. Said they'd email me within half hour after call and let me know status.....well no email from them at all.

Guest TargetShooter84

Well, figured I'd update this.

Finally answered my call this morning....said it was already at the FFL so I talked to the FFL and they had been getting those notifications sent to their email instead of mine so that's why I was never notified of anything...weird though, he did say it was odd because my email was on the contact form on the slip. So the product had been sitting at his shop for a week :D

All is good now.

Guest TargetShooter84

Yeah I did wonder that because they knew my name the instant I walked into their store and told me I had a package. No biggie anyways, I'm just happy I got my stuff is all. Probably may look into different vendor though for the rest of AR stuff but I'd still use Bill's for future FFLs.

Guest TargetShooter84

I know Bill messed up on that part but Palmetto was not too customer service friendly, if you look on their site, if you have any questions or want to know status, email them at info at palmettostatearmory.com blah blah blah, I emailed them, not once, but twice with no response a week apart, then I finally called, they hung up on me first two times and on the 5th attempt, I finally got through and was able to quickly say "hey this is about your business order" and that finally caught their attention....was promised a email a half hour later after that call with status...never got nothing. So I called them today, and said I'd be happy to just wait on the line with you while you check, finally, they did the legwork and told me it was already shipped and at the dealer's.

All they had to do was just check the number and tell me its already at Bill's in first place....not go through the hassle of that.

Yes, both vendors messed up but I'm not gonna hold a full fledged grudge against them both anyways.

• 4 months later...
Guest apricot_shot

They get a big FAIL in my book. Placed an order over a week ago....recieved nothing, no tracking, e-mail, or product. 2 e-mails went unanswered.....and to get a person on the phone took 12+ phone calls. They claimed the mags I had ordered "just came in" although at time of order they were advertised as "available". While the website touts up to the minute inventory info....reality has proven otherwise. On a service level they score very low, as for the products, I can't say as I have not recieved them. Perhaps I should stick with Midway or others. It would seem you get what you pay for. I wish them luck and recommend better service in the future.

Edited by apricot_shot