Debit Card Compromised

jcj

Probably not the same situation from the OP, but in case you're not aware yet, there

is a scam running now, whereby the caller says your debit card has been revoked,

names a bank & likely asks for personal info, which you should never give out &

your bank will not ask for over the phone. I've had three of these calls. Just hung

up. It's all over Middle TN, I know, unsure about state/nation wide.

There will be no useable phone # on the caller ID. Sounds automated.

Bottom line, if it doesn't sound right, hang up!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
You'd think they'd try to get some better stuff than xbox live memberships and WoW accounts. Guess there are geek thieves out there too.

I'm quite glad they didn't go for anything better. :rolleyes:

Guest bkelm18

On the bright side, Enrichment FCU credited my money back to me. On the not so bright side, even more Xbox charges showed up. I called and they said those were just delayed getting into the system from before I cancelled the card. They told me they'd credit those back to me as well.

I've had my debit card number taken and used before. Luckily Bank of America gave the credit back immediately upon report of the fraudulent charges and issued me another number. I never had a police report done because frankly it won't help. I as a Officer know that report doesn't go anywhere the bank fraud investigators are the ones who investigate those cases.

I've had my debit card number taken and used before. Luckily Bank of America gave the credit back immediately upon report of the fraudulent charges and issued me another number. I never had a police report done because frankly it won't help. I as a Officer know that report doesn't go anywhere the bank fraud investigators are the ones who investigate those cases.

Funny, most LE I know will let you sign a warrant against those who stole identity. I know we had to sign a warrant in order for the bank to refund our money.

Dolomite

Funny, most LE I know will let you sign a warrant against those who stole identity. I know we had to sign a warrant in order for the bank to refund our money.

Dolomite

It’s a felony; why would the Police need you to “Sign a warrant�

I just got an email today from Capital One that my card had been put on hold for suspicious activity. Apparently someone is using it for XBox Live and iTunes. I'm glad I switched to using my credit card for online purchases.