War on Moles! (graphic!)

mhm2a

I bought another trap this year so I am going after them double time. I have learned for more about the movement of moles than I care to even talk about, but I have gotten two of the furry little turf devils in the last week....Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure...If you like moles then please hit your back button......war is ugly.....

IMG_20110415_080559.jpg

IMG_20110415_080613.jpg

IMG_20110418_141354.jpg

IMG_20110418_141412.jpg

DropBox#5597050452015164178DropBox#5597050452015164178DropBox#5597050452015164178

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
my cat brings them home...along with Robins, bunnies, snakes, voles, mice, hummingbirds, cardinals, finches, starlings and posion ivy (yours truly is highly allergic!)

Judging from your avatar does he bring home elves, reindeer carcasses or dashed dreams of children on the naughty list as well?:P

Guest BEARMAN

Two moles traveling together in the same tunnel; lead mole says to the rear mole: Hey Louie, is that buttercups I'm smelling up ahead?....I dunno, Ralphie; smells like molasses to me....:P

They don't eat the roots of plants and grass but their tunnels kill the roots. Moles eat underground insects, mainly grubs. Get rid of the foodsource. Put down a granular treatment to kill the insects and grubs in the ground under your plants and grass and the moles will move on to a better buffet. Works for me!!

Our dog kills them. When they first get active in April, the yard looks really bad due to the dog digging them out and killing them. After that, we might find one or two holes the rest of the summer. Why the dog hates moles so much is bizarre. He lets our cats curl up with him in the winter and loves kids, so it's not out of general ferocity. He's a Rhodesian Ridgeback, bred to hunt lions, not moles.

I got mole number #3 today in the same area as mole #2. All three of the yards that touch mine have moles, however, they do not care about their yards or landscaping so it is going to be a long battle. It is kind of rewarding when you get one of those furry turf terrorists. They have cost us a couple of hundred dollars in shrubs and trees so I show no mercy on them. They dont go in our back yard because our dogs will get them so that is the only area they are not active. If you are having problems you can pick up a couple of the victor spike traps for about $20.00 and give it a shot. If you need any tips just let me know....

I found some mole spray that drives them away. Unfortunately it doesn't kill them or the food source. It does run them off into the neighbor's yard...

My neighbors on both sides have them and basically don't do anything about them. Around once a year, I buy some stuff that you attach to the garden hose and then water the yard. It runs them off - at least until the 'stuff' wears off.

I may have to try the traps. I could probably make a fur coat based on the amount of tunnels around my neighborhood.

Our dog kills them. When they first get active in April, the yard looks really bad due to the dog digging them out and killing them. After that, we might find one or two holes the rest of the summer. Why the dog hates moles so much is bizarre. He lets our cats curl up with him in the winter and loves kids, so it's not out of general ferocity. He's a Rhodesian Ridgeback, bred to hunt lions, not moles.

My wife's Aunt and Uncle have at least three Ridgebacks. Very good looking dogs. We want one.

I must have a ton of moles. Everywhere you go its full of tunnels. Never had this problem in East TN.

Guest Jamie

One of my uncles tells a story about his efforts when he was a kid, to get rid of a colony of moles in their yard...

The story involves 5 gallons of gasoline, a bunch of glass drink bottles ( to plug the holes ).... and later on, several neighbor's windows that were broken by flying drink bottles.

His method did get rid of the moles, but I can't advise using it. :poop: