Magpul rear AR sight?

jeff43

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just got in stock not too long ago the Magpul GEN2 Backup sights. They're a little lower profile than the Gen1 to work with eotechs and other sights/magnifiers with swing mounts.

MAG-248-2.jpg

We've never had one returned of the new or old style, and they are definitely popular. Very well made product, IMO. I wouldn't personally ask anything "more" out of a rear sight than the Magpul MBUS offers at a lower price than most.

I like my MBUS set. I used them as true back up, so i dont use them much. But they seem to be reliable.

Be warned. There are some chinese knock offs that are freeking identical. Buy from a reputable dealer.

I haven't ever seen any knockoffs, but I suppose anything is possible. Definetly buy from a reputable dealer, if possible. Sometimes the "dang that price is too good to be true" product really is. There is no magical markup in Magpul products, and in fact it is pretty tight. If you see a "new" Magpul item from a retailer substantially (40%+) less than MSRP then I'd probably be pretty wary.

• Moderators
I like my MBUS set. I used them as true back up, so i dont use them much. But they seem to be reliable.

Be warned. There are some chinese knock offs that are freeking identical. Buy from a reputable dealer.

I think the knockoffs are probably the Magpul PTS line that is licensed and made for airsoft usage. Those are made in China. Some of the less reputable folks on ebay have been known to sell them without mentioning that they are the PTS line.

Guest 10mm4me

I have Magpul MBUS sights on my S&W M&P15OR. The rear is on the rail and the front is on the gas black rail. It has several thousand rounds through and they have not melted as everyone claims they woulld. The zero is still dead on too.

I have Magpul MBUS sights on my S&W M&P15OR. The rear is on the rail and the front is on the gas black rail. It has several thousand rounds through and they have not melted as everyone claims they woulld. The zero is still dead on too.

This is good info. My gas blocks get pretty steamy

I've been running one on my CMMG MOD4SA M4 for a while with no problems at all. I've got it mounted on the flat top behind a LaRue 5/8" riser for co-witness through a bushnell red dot, and it works great. No problem with holding zero.