Strange egg casings under hood

Reg

I was under the hood changing the oil a few weeks ago and these were not here. They are about the size of a dried bean with a little hole. I guess some larvae crawled out of the hole after incubating on my engine. Any idea what critters these produced?

dsc0341p.jpg

dsc0342r.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pods from space aliens. Don't go out after dark without a weapon.

That was my guess too. I need a new holster for my phaser.

I suppose it could have been a rodent's stash, but I'm surprised there were that many as I'm never parked very long in one spot.

Pods from space aliens. Don't go out after dark without a weapon.

Don't take any chances, take your .45 and put some rather large holes though that block.

(not responsible for your actions, this is probably not the best idea ever rendered on the internet)

Pine nuts.

I think you're right. There are large pines 50 feet away with large cones on the ground. The little yard rats must like 'em warm and roasted, like the ones they sell at the gun shows.

It could have been worse - I found this on the web:

underthehoodsnake.jpg

Edited by Reg
A block party , good one.

It started out as a pretty cool block party, the best in the 'hood. It went bad when they turned up the heat and it all hit the fan. Some of us got belted pretty good in there.

canstock5145237.jpg

Edited by Reg
  • Administrator

I had a neighbors cat crawl up in the engine bay of a '76 El Camino ( I think it was a 76 ) back in high school. It didn't last very long when I cranked it up before school one morning. :lol:

I think I spent $5 in quarters washing the engine bay out. That was a lot of money back then. And a lot of cat. :D

True story

Me and my buddy were propped just looking out the window at work and there's a cat in the parking lot. He says " I gotta cat that looks just like that" He keeps looking " hell that is my cat !" He lived about 30 -40 miles away and the cat had made the trip unhurt, somehow, somewhere in a bright yellow ford maverick dubbed the "yellow submarine"

Guest db99wj

My 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee was hooked up to boat, getting ready, heard cat, ignored it. Got in Jeep, went around to other side of lake, about a half mile, dropped boat, went back, heard cat, investigated, found cat sitting beside battery in engine bay. No quarters needed.

I started up the car several wieeks or months ago and heard a noise that I though to be most likely power steering but maybe transmission. This started before I left the driveway so I started looking for the source. As I listended more closely I beleived it was coming from the back of the car. I opened the trunk and out jumped a cat. I assume the thing had gotten in there the day before and spent at least a night.