HCP waiting time

Guest TennMan

Guest bkelm18
That's what I was told, I recieved a call a week later saying it was processed and gave me the date of the day I called. Maybe you'll have my good fortune.

Hopefully.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

My wife called about hers yesterday and was told that the backlog right now is them waiting on people's HCP class certificates to be scanned and sent back to them. She was told to fax a copy of her certificate and they would go ahead and issue it. Did that yesterday; told today that they would issue it and be sending it to her in 7-10 days.

Guest sysco462

They said they were issuing it that same day. It should take between 7-14 days to get in mail. I am certain that they sit around doing who nows what until we call and inquire about it. I called about 2 weeks ago and they told me they were on a 90 day + schedule. I guess I talked to the wrong woman the first time.

Seems like everyone gets all kinds of answers. I called today and was told they were still waiting on one background check and that they were on a 90 day schedule.

Paperwork and prints done on June 24th. Maybe the BG check is taking longer since we have a temporary sheriff here in Williamson County until elections next week.

I'll call again next week and maybe get a friendlier person. I was extremely nice :hyper: myself due to what I had read on here.

Guest 9MM+357

I applied on May 16th at DMV and did the prints that day too. I called several times as well over the months, said 90 days. I found a direct number to talk to the lady that handles the gun permits. She told me the background check was done but they were waiting on something. Told me to go ahead and fax her my certificate & application and she would issue it. Got the permit last week.

Guest bkelm18
I think as long as you are polite when you call, they give you a little push through the system.

I think it really depends on who you get. I was very nice to my person but she said don't call back for another month (this was on Tuesday). I'm calling back on Monday. :mad:

WooHoo, guess what I got in the mail today.

On day number 96 (last Tuesday), I called to ask the status. That's when then said that it would be issued and I can expect it in 7-14 days. It arrived in the mail today.

It seems like they will only "issue" a HCP when someone calls.

Oh, I just remembered ....

I'm required "by law" to go to Wally World and buy ammo now? Right?

With your HG concealed on your person. A little late tonight. Wait til tomorrow.

Edited by bubbiesdad
More data
Guest lan2i

I GOT IT! HELL YEAH! I was fingerprinted on July 1st. Called on July 25th. An recieved it yesterday. Exactly 33 days! Is that some type of record? If anyone has thought about calling, I would highly suggest it. I believe I would probably still be waiting if I had not called. Now off to Wal-Mart!

I GOT IT! HELL YEAH! I was fingerprinted on July 1st. Called on July 25th. An recieved it yesterday. Exactly 33 days! Is that some type of record? If anyone has thought about calling, I would highly suggest it. I believe I would probably still be waiting if I had not called. Now off to Wal-Mart!

I know a guy that said he got his in less than 3 weeks. That was a couple years ago though.

The state seems really inconsistent: Some people's HCP takes 90+ days while others get it in 30-something days.

I got mine in around 35 days back in Feb/Mar. That was even during the time when Channel 5 was doing their "expose" on the HCP.

Maybe their is a method to the madness?

Guest bkelm18

Calling definitely does work. I applied for mine on June 16th. Called today and they said they would go ahead and issue it and to expect it in 7-14 days. Woohoo.

Guest GUTTERbOY
Calling definitely does work. I applied for mine on June 16th. Called today and they said they would go ahead and issue it and to expect it in 7-14 days. Woohoo.

Calling works sometimes.

I finally got mine issued after my third phone call, placed on about day 93. But it never hurts to try.

:stare:

Guest bkelm18
Calling works sometimes.

I finally got mine issued after my third phone call, placed on about day 93. But it never hurts to try.

:)

Well I didn't say calling works like a charm on the first call. :stare: This was my 3rd call. Last week they said not to call back until mid-August. I called this morning and they said they would call me back. I never received the call so I called them back a few minutes ago and they said they would issue it. So I'd say calling (however many times) definitely does expedite the process.

I called today on my renewal that was sent May 13. The lady told me she was backlogged an ti takes about 90 days. She is sending me a letter for a temp.

I reminded her this was a renewal and I had the yellow copy the station gave me.

She said that was all she could do and to call back in a couple of weeks.