Wal-Mart bringing firearms back?

Guest HvyMtl

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plainsman

Store in Pulaski just began carrying them again a few weeks ago. Its a very limited selection though. Most of the stores around me have firearms ( Pulaski, Lawrenceburg, Athens). I think I may pick up one of those Marlin 336's sometime.

Im also lucky that they usually have a few boxes of .45 too!

Strange...WalMart sells BB and pellet guns in most of their stores. (I have friends who lost teeth and eyes to BB guns) They sell baseball bats. I had a very good friend who was beaten to death with a bat) But there's one WalMart store in the Knoxville area that sells guns and ammo and it's about as far from town as you can get. Good selection though...nice bunch of BB guns too. Oh...and murder weapons (bats)

I think this is great! I've noticed a few stores in Nashville and even Smyrna stopped selling anything other than BB/Pellet guns. I know the Nolensville Pike store doesn't have any either. Obviously, there are parts of town that are worse than others, but why stop law abiding citizens from buying guns and ammo in neighborhoods where you might really need them to protect your life.

I bought my first handgun (from a dealer, anyway), a Ruger P89 at Walmart.

On the one hand, it would be nice to be able to buy guns there again. On the other, I kind of like having local gun shops to frequent.

Meh...I'll be honest, here. I'll probably continue buying from online dealers, and paying my local guys for transfers and ammo, with the money I save on sales tax.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Guest raflomo

I was glad to see they put them back in the south Jackson (Bemis) store...Now if they would just bring back the layaway plan!!! I have been noticing

quite a bit more of handgun ammo there too.
... But there's one WalMart store in the Knoxville area that sells guns and ammo and it's about as far from town as you can get. ..

All Walmarts in Knoxville area sell guns except Walker Springs and Turkey Creek last time I made the rounds.

- OS

Wish they'd put in the other nut and sell pistols.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see them bring handguns back at some point. Only because with Wal-Mart it is all about the money. They have seen all the money they are losing since firearms sales are up since the election.

Guest carter

the Wal-Mart on Old Fort Pkwy has had them here in Murfreesboro and they have a catilog you can order almost anything from rifle wise, the Rutherford Wal-Mart only sells ammo...

I thought the Walmart in Halls and the one near Millertown Rd still sold long guns.
yup...Halls does, South Knox does too. They all stopped selling fabric...I buy mattress ticking for cleaning patches and pillow ticking for patching balls

Jamestown got an empty gunrack behind the counter; no guns yet!

They had a few at the old Smallmart, but we got Supercentered about the time they cut back on gun sales. I heard a rumor that only a limited number of stores in a region were allowed to continue gun sales based on volume. Guess that's why Cookeville and Crossville beat us out.

My Savage MkII came from wally. Nothing else - no handguns, EBR's or milsurps - not too excited about it.

Walmart does tend to have pretty good prices on the long guns they carry. As their stock seems to be pretty general and generic - unless they were to vastly expand selection - I don't really see them as being that much competition for the LGS's as if you want anything outside of a basic shotgun (with limited selection but decent prices) or a few, mostly basic rifles then you aren't going to find it at Walmart.

Overall, even though I have never, personally, bought a firearm at Walmart (my first two firearms - both presents from my parents when I was a kid - were single-shot shotguns from Walmart) I think that having them bring guns back into more stores is a positive thing. After all, how could something (firearms) be seen as fringe items or marginalia when you can buy the darned things at Walmart?

yup...Halls does, South Knox does too. They all stopped selling fabric...I buy mattress ticking for cleaning patches and pillow ticking for patching balls

Halls also sells reloading supplies. Plenty of powder, bullets and generally primers. They haven't received any primers since moving into the new store though. They have the best price on powders anywhere in town although the selection is sparse, luckily they stock my go to powder for my rifles. That is where I buy my SMK's at.

Dolomite