Anybody heard of a show in Murfreesboro this weekend?

Guest m7cjk

RK Shows bought Bill Goodman's shows. I talked to Bill late last year and he said they made him an offer he could not refuse.

Edit: I was just looking for evidence of this on either website and could not find the details. Anybody else heard this? Did the sale not go through? I talked to Bill myself and was told he had sold.

Edited by bigwakes
RK Shows bought Bill Goodman's shows. I talked to Bill late last year and he said they made him an offer he could not refuse.

Edit: I was just looking for evidence of this on either website and could not find the details. Anybody else heard this? Did the sale not go through? I talked to Bill myself and was told he had sold.

Haven't heard this before now. Stranger things have happened. Wouldn't be a big

surprise though. Bill's been doing this a long time, shows are not going well.

Did he mention why he was selling, health, revenue, etc.?

IMO...RK Shows has been putting on a MUCH better show lately than Bill Goodman.

They seem to draw a pretty darn good crowd and have as many or more tables, IIRC. I wish there was more parking at the Mid-TN Expo in M'boro, though.

Has anyone been to the show today that can give us an objective run down on the quality of the show. Thanks.

My wife & I were there around midday. Good show, good crowd. On a personal note,

I finally found an old 16 ga. single shot shotgun I'd been wanting for quite a while.

Got a decent deal on it, good condition, got it home & tried it out, of course, shoots

good also. Can't wait to ruin some squirrels day with it. Ammo not as plentiful as 12 or 20,

but not a problem.

Saddle up & get on over there.

Guest m7cjk

This show was way better then the Nashville show, only issue was because it was better it was elbow room only in there around 11-1

Found several things and talked my butt off as we all do

talked to several dealers there lots of people but no money even floor traders are slow.i am in lexington ky a great show they only have 5 a year here so more people more money was packed with buyers and sellers all day

• Like 1
Guest tedbo

I am going to try and be there tomorrow. I have a Russian SKS,an ASTRA A-75 in .45 cal and a Sig 239 DAO iin 40 cal that I want to sell for training money and bills.

Guest rockytop

I thought it was a very good show. There were a lot of vendors and a couple hundred thousand people. i.e. It got miserable hot. I didn't see a lot of money changing hands, but there was a lot of firearms to choose from. I thought there were more handguns than long guns for sale by patrons. I sold one to an individual, but didn't manage to buy something else in its place

Guest coldblackwind

I thought it was an excellent show. There was some money changing hands, just because some things I looked at were gone the next time I saw the person, and I saw a number of people doing background checks. I bought one too, so there you have it! All in all it was a very good show, lots and lots of guns, and a TON of people.

Just got back from the show. I had no trouble killing 3 or 4 hours and even less spending the money I brought and a little more.

I saw some great prices and talked to lots of vendors. It looked really busy to me, but it could be a bunch of lookie-loos. Several said they weren't doing too awfully bad this weekend, which I suspect is vendor-speak for pretty decent. I don't know if this is an accurate way to gauge it, but I saw a LOT of folks filling out TICS paperwork.

I got some good deals on a holster, magazine, some Hornady ammoe, and several things I didn't know I needed.

Guest hillbilly007

I broke a cardinal rule of gun shows and took my wife along today. Fortunately there was a flea market going on around the corner, so she was able to go look at some other stuff as well.

Today's crowd was good from 10:00 to 12:30. I was peddling a Franchi I12 with no success, but I saw lots of goos stuff. I wish I could rememder the dealer on the right side that had the tables from one end to the other of a row. I was able to compare side by side an FNC SCAR 16 and SCAR 17, an LMT AR and a LWRC AR. All very nice rifles but all VERY pricey.

I was a little dissappointed in some things: not many AKs around only a couple of FALs. One thing for sure is that SIG is pushing their guns out there. I saw lots of SIG pistols at three dealers and maybe 8 or 9 556 variants around. Market saturation setting in?

One of the best shows I've seen lately. Sold a rifle Saturday and went back today and bought some stuff. Beats the snot out of the last few Goodman shows I've attended. Fell in Love with a P-17 Enfield while I was there. Alas, it was not meant to be. :-(