small tactical lights

I am looking to add a small light to my EDC gear. Any suggestions? Who has the best prices in the middle TN area. I like the size of the Fenix PD 20 and would like to stay in the small easy carry range. I have a need for a light on my job from time to time and seem to not have one with me when I need it so this is a dual purpose purchase.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

This is the 1 I have right now. Its a sweet little light, they have models all over the price spectrum, I have 3 of there lights currently & have been really happy with them, The other models are the M3 & a Bc 20.

RRT-0

• Admin Team

I EDC a Maratac AAA. It's super small, super bright and lightweight. Three brightness settings fit about any need I have.

And it's cheap.

Warning: Do not click on the link for County Comm unless you are fully prepared to spend $50 on stuff that you need that you had no idea even existed.

Here's the light: Maratac AAA

I EDC a Maratac AAA. It's super small, super bright and lightweight. Three brightness settings fit about any need I have.

And it's cheap.

Warning: Do not click on the link for County Comm unless you are fully prepared to spend $50 on stuff that you need that you had no idea even existed.

Here's the light: Maratac AAA

x2 on those lights. I bought the AAA and AA last year and then bought several more AAA as stocking stuffers. I use my AAA all the time.

I've carried this one every day for almost a year on the same AA battery. It comes on every time I click the button and is easy to carry at only 4" long and 1" across at the widest part. At first, I thought $13.65 w/ shipping for a 180 lumen light sounded too low to be trustworthy, but it's been good to go whenever I need it. It has Hi/Lo/Strobe, aluminum body, tail cap clicky/clickie, and pocket clip. Plus it takes one AA or one CR123A battery. So far, I've been happy and am glad I didn't spend $100 on one.

Edited by BigK
x2 on those lights. I bought the AAA and AA last year and then bought several more AAA as stocking stuffers. I use my AAA all the time.

I use my AAA all the time. It's small—I keep mine on my keychain—inexpensive, and the multiple output is handy. I've had it for a year or so now and it's been boringly reliable.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I have been really happy with the Fenix PD-31 which I believe was a limited run of the PD-30 although I can not tell the difference.

I bought two, about $60. each from Amazon. I was going to give one to my Dad but he passed away before I could so I have two of them. IMO they are super nice little lights.

They have four total brightness settings from 2 lumens up to a max of 304 lumens, it also has an SOS mode and a super fast strobe setting when on max. I really do like these little lights.

I also have a Streamlight and a Surfire along with numerous other flashlights but for now the Fenix is my favorite.

I have seen plenty very inexpensive lights at Lowes and WM that would do the job. MagLite has also started making an LED version of most of their lights that is priced very reasonable. It is all about what you really want and are willing to spend for one. I have also seen lights that were so expensive that there is no chance that I would ever buy one.

Good Luck with your search, there are sure a lot to pick from these days.:)