What is your favorite firearms store?

valv6

Hero gear and guns and leather in greenbriar. Not necessarily in that order. It's their awesome friendly customer service. There are a couple of other middle tn places I frequent where the service sucks and the employees are always kind of jerks so i make a special note of the stores that treat me well and are friendly.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I've missed them, but I haven't seen a lot of representation from SE TN. My favorite shop is Fugate's Firearms in Calhoun, on hwy 11. Small shop but well stocked and and indoor range. Stop by and see Doug or Carmen. There prices are very competitive and staff seems to know their stuff.

Also we have Benton Shooters on Hwy 411. They're huge, have tons of stock, but aren't very good pricewise. They do have a lot of guns to handle, so you can try them on and let Fugates sell you the gun with a smile

There's a newer one been open half a year I think, on Old Hickory off I40W heading towards Bellevue called Guns & Ammo Depot. Buncha knowledgable nice guys in there, good atmosphere. Little light on inventory what with bein newer and all but they can get it & they're competitive on pricing. Some of the guys have been working the gun shows in TN for years so if you've been to those you'll likely recognize them!

Maybe I've missed them, but I haven't seen a lot of representation from SE TN. My favorite shop is Fugate's Firearms in Calhoun, on hwy 11. Small shop but well stocked and and indoor range. Stop by and see Doug or Carmen. There prices are very competitive and staff seems to know their stuff.

Also we have Benton Shooters on Hwy 411. They're huge, have tons of stock, but aren't very good pricewise. They do have a lot of guns to handle, so you can try them on and let Fugates sell you the gun with a smile

They are both good, but if you have a chance, check out Silvers Firearms in Old Fort at the polk/bradley county line.

I gotta give it up to Shooters Depot in Chatt as well. Honestly, they *almost* never had me as a customer. The young kid/guy in their was a dick the first time I went in, super cocky, and acted like I was wasting his time asking questions, I AM a noob though. I was looking for a Walther P22 and the shop up 75 a little ways had a great price, but none in stock. I called Shooters Depot and they said they'd match the price so I gave them a second chance, and I'm glad I did. Everyone else in that store has been awesome. I was in their today and they told me to bring up my grandpa's guns and they'd help me appraise them. Hopefully I can work out a trade for a Walther PPS or S&W M&P 9c.

Farnsworth Firearms in Vonore is by far my favorite here in East TN...Robert is great to trade with and knows his stuff. .and hes got a lot of used guns in inventory that he doesn't over price and he has always gave me a fair price for anything Ive traded. The place is disorganized and a little dusty. . and his dad and the other old guy that work in there are a little cranky. .but I only deal with Robert anyway. They have a range and only charge $5.00 to use it but its pretty rough. .but at least you can shoot rifle calibers there...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Michael.G

Southland Gun and Pawn on Spring Place Rd. They price matched buds, and Covered taxes for me. All i paid was background check and the price of the gun. Real good people in there.

Guest Victor9er
where is shooter depot in Chattanooga?

The Shooter's Depot

5958 Shallowford Rd.

Chattanooga, TN 37421

(423) 305-0747

(it's just off of Hwy 153)

• 3 weeks later...

+ D&T Nice folks 615-448-6293

+ Nrange Nice folks, Not much selection 615-431-2130

+ Guns & Leather Nice folk, Greenbrier is VERY busy good selection, H'ville nice folk getting selection. G-615-643-4865 H-615-???

+ Franklin Gun Shop. Good people, Pricey but fair on trades to me. 615-599-5562

+ Goodlettsville Gun Shop. Nice but very limited selection.

+ Shooters Depot in Chatt. Helpful and friendly Ok selection. Numbers in my car.

+ Bentons shooters supply Great selection, helpful. Numbers in my car.

+ Big Daddy's Outdoors S.Pittsburg. Good selection, nice folk. Numbers in my car.

+ ASP Academy of self protection, I think Nashville 24W, Nice and fair. Numbers in my other car.

+ Tolivers Pawn in Manchester. Good selection, Helpful.

+ Specialty Arms in Smyrna. Good selection, Helpful.

+ Guns and Ammo Nashville. Ok selection, worth the stop if your passing by. Helpful.

I travel a lot, been to a bunch, but those are the most frequented. I hope I got these right, I'm tired.

- Outpost Armory. Hard to get help for employees shooting the bull leaning on the counter. If I can't at least get recognised after 20 minutes, I'll leave the gun on their wall. Happened at least 5 times. Good selection to look at though. Will not post number.

- The Armory in Lebanon. A couple a guys might help you in the store but the guys behind the counter are big Jerks. Good inventory. I have their number but will not post it and won't be back.

Edited by flyanything
Goofed on a store name.