Kel-Tec KSG

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are missing a market, needs to be a semi auto. With the 2 tubes and selector, it would be a beast for 3-gun (there are about 6 types of 3 gun, I mean the one with the semiautomatic rifles). As a pump, its of no use to me.

Guest ab28

I have thought many times about getting a shotgun, but I never can justify it. A shotgun has heavy ammo, low capacity, and slow reloads. I personally would just rather use a rifle at all ranges. Not that shotguns are bad by any means, they are great weapons with some pretty big drawbacks. This one does look interesting, though.

I have thought many times about getting a shotgun, but I never can justify it. A shotgun has heavy ammo, low capacity, and slow reloads. I personally would just rather use a rifle at all ranges. Not that shotguns are bad by any means, they are great weapons with some pretty big drawbacks. This one does look interesting, though.

The drawbacks can mostly be removed. There are magazine fed shotguns (expensive) if you want rapid reloads, or a gunsmith can install a rapid reloading system where you shove a tube full of shells in and out, reloading the gun in about the time it would take to do a magazine swap on a rifle (not all that expensive). Capacity can be increased to at least 10, easy and inexpensive to do, with a screw on tube extension. The ammo remains heavy and that one cannot be changed; its hard for a 1 ounce (thats about 450 grains, at a guess?) slug to weigh less than a 60 grain 223 or even a 200 grain 308... A typical 3-5 shot bird gun isnt the best weapon in the world but they can be made into a very powerful defensive package, and it can be done for far, far less than the money dumped into semi-auto rifles. All these mods + the gun are still only in the neighborhood of $500, unless you bought the expensive mag fed shotgun.

Not saying the shotgun is better, just that the drawbacks you mention can be dealt with by someone who wants their shotgun to be a defensive weapon instead of a bird gun. I would encourage you to watch a video of someone using a fully pimped out shotgun to see some of this stuff in action, it is an eye opener.

Street price should be ~$650 based on what I'm seeing from distributors who already have it in their system.

I never thought I'd say this but THAT'S LESS THAN A SAIGA, lol. Curses, never wanted to say that.....

The drawbacks can mostly be removed. There are magazine fed shotguns (expensive) if you want rapid reloads, or a gunsmith can install a rapid reloading system where you shove a tube full of shells in and out, reloading the gun in about the time it would take to do a magazine swap on a rifle (not all that expensive). Capacity can be increased to at least 10, easy and inexpensive to do, with a screw on tube extension. The ammo remains heavy and that one cannot be changed; its hard for a 1 ounce (thats about 450 grains, at a guess?) slug to weigh less than a 60 grain 223 or even a 200 grain 308... A typical 3-5 shot bird gun isnt the best weapon in the world but they can be made into a very powerful defensive package, and it can be done for far, far less than the money dumped into semi-auto rifles. All these mods + the gun are still only in the neighborhood of $500, unless you bought the expensive mag fed shotgun.

Not saying the shotgun is better, just that the drawbacks you mention can be dealt with by someone who wants their shotgun to be a defensive weapon instead of a bird gun. I would encourage you to watch a video of someone using a fully pimped out shotgun to see some of this stuff in action, it is an eye opener.

Anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about this rapid reloading system??

Anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about this rapid reloading system??

TecLoader SL-12 Shotgun Speedloader

They cut into the gun (gunsmith work) to make room for this thing to work. But they do work well, once you have practiced with it a bit. Its on my to-do list, but watching the guys that have it once a month has me wanting one. Several folks have made their own reloader tube for this system to put 5 or 6 in at a time.

Video of it in action:

Edited by Jonnin