What's the best deal for a lower parts kit for an AR build?

I was looking at Palmetto State who sells their basic kit for $50. Anyone have any input or experience with which LPK gives you the best value for the dollar? I'm not looking for any sort of national match trigger, so I definitely am not looking to spend $200+ on a Timney or Geissele at this point. Any thoughts are appreciated.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nysos

I went with a daniel defense lower parts kit. They can be had for $70-$80. The trigger on it is pretty good, I personally would stay away from a palmetto LPK while most of their products are pretty good I have heard their LPKs have pretty gritty triggers.

I have heard the spikes tactical enhanced lpk is pretty good, not sure if it is worth the money or not though.

I have heard the spikes tactical enhanced lpk is pretty good, not sure if it is worth the money or not though.

That's one I have been thinking about all day long. I have a ST lower and a ST M4 LE upper on the way, so it would be kind of nice to get a matching parts kit. I have read some good things about that battle trigger they put in the enhanced kit, plus there are several upgraded parts in the kit as well. Hmmmm...

About the best "cheap" kit is DPMS. I have been using them for years without a single issue and would be the only cheap kit I would recommend. Not saying the others are junks but I have never heard of an issue with DPMS kits or seen one personally. Some of the other kits I have seen had issues as well as heard of issues.

Dolomite

One of our vendors, joeboboutfitters has some pretty good deals on a range of LPKs.

Sure do :D

IMO, the Rock River Lower Parts Kits are probably the best kit for the money for a standard kit. We normally recommend them for local guys as well as anyone who calls on the phone asking for recommendations. The quality of the product is on par or better than the other kits, IMO. We currently have them on sale at $62.95. We normally retail them at $65.

We get called up whenever kits are missing product. We've had parts missing out of Bushmaster (lots), Spike's (little stuff generally, sometimes additional extra parts), and Daniel Defense. Daniel Defense kits missing product was a bit surprising for us based on price and perceived company "hierarchy". One of the Daniel Defense LPK's we sent to a customer was missing a hammer :rolleyes:.

All companies have been good about getting missing parts out to customers right away, but unfortunately at that point the customer has a stripped lower with 99% of a lower parts kit that is 100% not usable. For whatever reason, accuracy isn't incredibly good with LPK's? Problems don't arise on a frequent bases, but that's what we've seen.

We've never had any missing parts that we know of with Rock River kits. The packaging on the Bushmaster kits are crappy as they are cheap little bags that get holes very easily from the springs inside. Spike's are sealed bags. DPMS are a nice clam-shell. Rock River has the best packaging IMO. They use high quality ziplock bags and then the little pieces are separated more in smaller ziplock bags. A bit more methodical than most LPK packaging approach which may help them ensure accuracy?

We are also running a sale (while supplies last, no set date) on the Spike's Battle Trigger and Spike's Lower Parts Kits. We got in several large batches so we're sitting at a higher than avg level of inventory on them at this time. The Spike's Enhanced LPK is a really good deal if you're wanting an Ergo grip, ambi safety, KNS pins, and Battle Trigger. The cost of those 5 items alone is normally ~$130 alone.

I've only used CMMG and Palmetto kits. I like the both well enough to buy again. For a beginner, the CMMG kit is great because all of the parts are separated into groups in individual baggies. That way, you know exactly what is for which part.