Zombies or Apes:Which one is worse?

broox

Okay, like any rational, level-headed, American man, whenever I see any part of a zombie movie(Dawn of the dead, 28 days later, etc) on TV, I daydream momentarily about what guns would I use in that situation. Then I see the commercial for rise of planet of the apes and I start to think "What in the world do you shoot an eight-hundred pound gorilla with?" 12 gauge slugs? 308? So, which would be worse:Zombies or apes?

And there is no such thing as a zombie gorilla, that is just silly!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apes by far, they are faster and can adapt and learn. I would go with a 12 gauge slug and have a Desert Eagle 50 as a back up. I would by far rather see zombies coming at me.

This. I could almost see something like Rise happening before zombies. It reminds me of that lady who got attacked by that chimp. They are vicious.

Zombies are stupid and slow. Apes are immensely strong, and have problem solving capabilities. I would have serious woes if fighting apes with my AR. I think my 308 would be barely adequate. Fighting apes one would need to approach them like hunting dangerous game, and use appropriate caliber choices. THink names like Holland & Holland ;)

Guest bkelm18
has anybody seen the ape movie? I'd like to go see it, but without Chuck around to fill at least a minor role I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go.

I've heard it's not bad.

Really it depends on what kind of apes we are talking about, the regular kind or the smarter Planet of the Apes kind? In general, most of the great apes are quite docile. Gorillas can be quite calm unless you threaten them. I've seen pictures and documentaries from Africa where people get within a few feet of one and the gorilla really pays them no mind. Chimpanzees on the other hand, are extremely violent and territorial. They immediately attack the face and the genitals. Not a good way to die.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I watched Rise of the Apes last night and now I pick zombies. I feel sorry for the apes and wouldn't want to hurt them. The movie was interesting. Based on other Planet of the Ape movies, I wanted to not like the apes and make them the " bad guys". This movie was different and at the end I was cheering for Caesar.

Guest db99wj

That chimp completely mauled that womans face, essentially ripping it off, they are vicious and scare me a bit, I don't trust those evil little bastards, all monkeys. And they throw crap, which makes them not only mean and vicious, but dirty as in they fight dirty, they will throw crap at you, then rip off your gentials and beat off your face kind of mean....

Edit: Taken out of context, that last part is downright Rated R!

Experiments have shown that apes - especially chimps - can conceptualize and think abstractly, at least to an extent. It is estimated that real, non-Hollywood chimps have roughly the intelligence and thinking capacity of a mildly retarded, five-year old human child. Chimps are the only animal, other than humans, that are known to form war parties and attack enemies or even murder their own. Chimps not only eat meat but also form hunting parties to kill for meat - sometimes hunting things like small monkeys - and will sometimes even bring their kill back to the larger community to share. Chimps will use simple weapons such as clubs. According to what some of my Anthropology professors at UT said back when I was in college, even a small bonobo (sometimes called a pygmy chimp) is strong enough to grab a grown, human man by each arm, give a yank and rip his shoulders from the sockets (not saying they could rip the arms off but they could dislocate both his shoulders.) Gorillas often eat bamboo and I've seen nature shows showing silverbacks biting through bamboo stalks that were thicker than a man's forearms. However...

There are a heck of a lot more humans in the world - and especially in Tennessee - than there are apes of any kind or probably even all kinds, combined. More humans = more potential zombies. Apes wouldn't necessarily require a head shot to stop. Apes feel pain and, because they are fairly intelligent, might choose to find another victim if the one they have chosen starts shooting at them or otherwise puts up too big a fight. Zombies would keep coming, regardless. Zombies would also mean the very real possibility that a close friend or loved one could contract the virus. To me, that is the worst part of zombies - thinking about being attacked by someone close to me. Thinking about the possibility that someone I love like my wife, my mom, my sister or my nieces and nephews would get bitten, etc. Being powerless to do anything as they succumb to the disease then having to either shoot them in the head or be the next victim would be horrible. Getting bitten, etc. myself and having to choose the moment to shoot myself in the head so I wouldn't become a zombie would also bite ass. No, thanks - if I have to choose, I'll take the apes.

Edited by JAB
Guest capt usa

Apes would be the worst because they can talk, they would call you on the phone and make you believe everything was okay and for you to come on out and talk. Then they would simply walk up to you from behind and take over. We may have them outnumbered but if they put a plan together and used "gorilla warfare tactics" it could get rough. Zombies would seem easy if they came after that.