MADE!

Guest monkeyhumper

Guest monkeyhumper

Just got made for the first time. Carrying concealed under a tshirt. Walked in to the restaurant to find a table of four whispering to themselves and looking at my waist. Oops... Shirt rode up. I just smiled and pulled my shirt down.

Ok, so maybe I've been "made" before, but this is the first time I noticed.

Fun stuff.

Sent from my Etch a Sketch

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, happened to me at the Redbox a while back. Lady asked me if I was a cop. I said uuuhhh, no why? She said well you have a gun, I said Yeah, what's that got to do with anything. She took her kid and left.

Suits me.

hahaaha I would have loved to see her face when you said "what's that got to do with anything" . That is a good come-back too !

• Administrator
Yeah, happened to me at the Redbox a while back. Lady asked me if I was a cop. I said uuuhhh, no why? She said well you have a gun, I said Yeah, what's that got to do with anything. She took her kid and left.

Suits me.

I used to try and educate people. Then it occurred to me that if you're one of those people who is willing to ask a guy with a gun why he's carrying a gun, you're probably not properly equipped to handle that sort of discourse.

I'd have probably scowled at Nosy Nancy and said something like, "Yeah... I'm with the Mind Your Own Damn Business Department"

• Administrator
Would you have honestly said that?

Man, you are mean. :D

Depends on whether I would have had my coffee by then or not. :)

But seriously, I really try not to waste time talking with fools and anyone who sees a gun and then challenges you about your gun, unless they are wearing a uniform and a badge, is probably a fool. I just can't see a protracted conversation with some self-important soccer mom playing Red Box Movie Rental Kiosk hall monitor about my armed status going well for anyone involved so it's probably better for me to appear as uninviting toward further discourse as possible. Besides, it's not the same as telling her to F-off.

Which is a valid Plan B, by the way. :D

I've had my share of instances where I have been open carrying and give a smart butt answer or two, but I try not to be outright rude.

I use answers like, "Why am I carrying a pistol? Well because they won't give me a permit to carry my rifle"

My favorite by far though "You mean you're NOT carrying? Oh God, I feel so sorry for and your kids. I pray your luck holds out." Then briskly walk away.

Always walk away, leave them flabbergasted and confused.

I was in the gas station getting some coffee for the first time after a long night during which a close family member had passed away and was unfortunately not as verbally collected as I am usually when encountering strangers. I tend to avoid trying to convince people of the errors of their ways as I see them or actively sway them to my point of view. It's largely apathy I suppose regarding other people's viewpoints and their inability to have the perspective to alter them when presented with conflicting (enlightening sometimes) information and instead just react with hostility and aversion. So anyolewho there I am beeboppin along trying to find a coffee lid to finish my prep (meaning I haven't yet consumed aforementioned blacktar of life) when the strong odorous wafting aroma of too much rose power perfume overwhelms me, moistens my eyes and turns my stomach. When I glance over there is low and behold the matron of hairdos with the glare of death at my hip, jeez really? Now? "Are you a police officer?" "No ma'am." "Well you shouldn't be carrying that thing around should you?" REALLY?? NOW??? "Ma'am, with all due respect, if in the next 30 seconds someone came in to rob this place and intended to leave no witnesses you might be thankful of my forethought for safety. Hoping that doesn't happen I'd invite you to exercise your need to dole out advice to the next fat woman you see about her choice of unflattering apparel and kindly leave me be. Have a great day." This was a one off occurrence in my control of my tongue but I normally am much more polite in my dismissal. In general, I try to be a steward for good citizenship in representation of legal gun carriers and will provide education if I feel the person is somewhat receptive or not instantly offended. But the rest I won't waste my breath upon. They fall into the category of people that form 95% of their opinions without regard to fact, fall prey to all media and propaganda and are not free thinkers. I am a man, not a paradigm shifting machine. I've got too much stuff to do.

Guest lostpass

I've never spotted a concealed carrier cause I look at the floor mostly, floors are nice. I've run across a few open carriers though. Never bothered me at all. To even play this game you have to encounter someone who is already a jerk.

Though I will allow that the open carrier with the "hcp badge" disturbed me. I get it, you have an HCP and a gun and you want everyone to know you are legal. But black dress socks and tennis shoes? Pretty sure I could've traded that guy a bag of fritos for his weapon.

Guest TackleberryTom
"You mean you're NOT carrying? Oh God, I feel so sorry for and your kids. I pray your luck holds out." Then briskly walk away.

Always walk away, leave them flabbergasted and confused.

I love this and will use it if I have to.

Guest Drewsett
Ma'am, with all due respect, if in the next 30 seconds someone came in to rob this place and intended to leave no witnesses you might be thankful of my forethought for safety. Hoping that doesn't happen I'd invite you to exercise your need to dole out advice to the next fat woman you see about her choice of unflattering apparel and kindly leave me be. Have a great day.
:stare:

Oh...wow. I would have paid money to have witnessed this exchange and heard her response.

Guest Anadais
When I glance over there is low and behold the matron of hairdos with the glare of death at my hip, jeez really? Now? "Are you a police officer?" "No ma'am." "Well you shouldn't be carrying that thing around should you?" REALLY?? NOW??? "Ma'am, with all due respect, if in the next 30 seconds someone came in to rob this place and intended to leave no witnesses you might be thankful of my forethought for safety. Hoping that doesn't happen I'd invite you to exercise your need to dole out advice to the next fat woman you see about her choice of unflattering apparel and kindly leave me be. Have a great day."

I too, would have loved to witness this exchange.

This thread is pure win :D

I was "made" one time at Home Depot. Had my Glock 26 under a jacket. High school girl walked up, and with a big grin on her face, made some hand gestures pointing at my belt, and silently mouthed some words....about three times. I knowingly smiled and nodded each time, and adjusted my jacket. She walked off, and I went on shopping for another half hour, then checked out. When I climbed into the truck, I realized my zipper was down, and my tighty-whiteys were flagging. That folks, is how to keep them from seeing your gun! :D

I was "made" one time at Home Depot. Had my Glock 26 under a jacket. High school girl walked up, and with a big grin on her face, made some hand gestures pointing at my belt, and silently mouthed some words....about three times. I knowingly smiled and nodded each time, and adjusted my jacket. She walked off, and I went on shopping for another half hour, then checked out. When I climbed into the truck, I realized my zipper was down, and my tighty-whiteys were flagging. That folks, is how to keep them from seeing your gun! :D

:D

Ball cleavage is the best.

Nobody has ever noticed mine except a salesman at a gun shop who told me he found that a 4 o'clock carry worked better for him (I was carrying at 3 o'clock) and we were discussing holsters anyway.

I have found that if you act helpful rather than rude, even if you know they are being rude, it works wonders. My plan if it ever comes up is:

Them: "Why are you carrying a gun?"

Me: "Oh, sorry, didn't know it was showing. Yeah, I never used to, but times are changing so it's good to be prepared. You know, it's really easy to get a handgun permit in Tennessee if you don't have a criminal record. You should think about it, so you'd have it just in case. I know a great place to take the class if you're interested."

I suppose it could do downhill from there, but I'd still take the approach of "well, I can understand your concern but you should give it some thought for yourself. Nice talking with you."

At least that's my plan. Closest I came to having that conversation was with a couple of ladies who were standing near me in line while I was waiting at the Driver's License Station to submit the forms and fees to get the handgun permit. It went along similar lines, except they were the ones who brought up the idea of how they could get their permits and how much it cost. I felt like a spokesperson for HCPs.

So even if a busybody pisses you off, you can still turn it around on them and become a good example and perhaps even an 'ambassador' for legal carry.

Guest bkelm18

I don't try to educate people. I carry for myself, not for them. If they are offended by the fact I have a firearm, sucks to be them.