My new xd

So I got this on a whim and not looking back. I like it better than the glock 19, 17, and 22. I like it better than the sig 226.

It is the xd9 with 16 rd mags. Shoots great, low recoil and good balance. The trigger pull is a little longer than I like but I got used to it fairly quickly. The Springfield holster is crap and has already scratched the slide a bit but its ok since this is my edc. Mag springs are a little stiff but that's to be expected from a brand new mag. After 100 rounds I am confident with it 100%. Bought a tagua owb thumb break for it after the other scratched it and I love the feel of it.

Here's a quick cell phone pic, will add a few more later so keep checking.

2011-08-18_21-28-56_31.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Victor9er

Yep, it looks like an XD.

Not likely as the XD line comes from the factory with a backside strap safety.

And I suppose you never have your hand on the grip, thus rendering that safety useless, when you take you gun out or put it back into the holster, right?

Guest bkelm18
Yep, it looks like an XD.

And I suppose you never have your hand on the grip, thus rendering that safety useless, when you take you gun out or put it back into the holster, right?

It's quite easy to un-holster/holster without depressing the grip safety.

Guest Victor9er
It's quite easy to un-holster/holster without depressing the grip safety.

I admit I've never tried it myself, but I'd think that if you had to pull your gun out quickly in any kind of emergency then you'd want to have a full, tight grip on it and the safety would then be depressed...

IDK, but it seems to me that getting in the habit of pulling your gun out without a full, tight grip on it could potentially lead to other problems in an emergency.

:rolleyes:

Guest bkelm18
I admit I've never tried it myself, but I'd think that if you had to pull your gun out quickly in any kind of emergency then you'd want to have a full, tight grip on it and the safety would then be depressed...

IDK, but it seems to me that getting in the habit of pulling your gun out without a full, tight grip on it could potentially lead to other problems in an emergency.

:rolleyes:

Ok :shrug:. All I said was that it was pretty simple to avoid depressing the grip safety while holstering and un-holstering in reply to your comment, not referring to how people choose to train. I'd wager most glock butt incidents do not occur under duress, but in the relative comfort of the range or home.

...As far a the backstrap safety, it does offer a bit more peace of mind when holstering the weapon IWB. Its not at all awkward putting my .45c back into my HighNoon w/out depressing it.

The grip safety was actually one of the pluses when I originally chose the XD subbie over the Glock26 for EDC.

- OS

I miss my XD45. My dad has it now so at least I get to visit it on occasion. There were plans for another one in the near future but then I was given a large amount of .357 sig ammo. Since I don't have a .357 sig this gives me a perfect excuse for my next handgun purchase, so the XD ended up being moved back to the back of the line.