Middle TN, Where are the jobs?

Chucktshoes

• Moderators

So the wife and I have decided to ditch out of the Memphis area and head out to somewhere outside of Nashville. We are definitely leaning towards the Murfreesboro/Bell Buckle/Rutherford County, area, but open to wherever the employment can be found and that we can live outside of Davidson County. Anybody have a suggestion or direction? My background is in Retail Management, so I know I am limited in that respect. We have been talking about this for a while, and decided it is time to do this before Lilly (my soon to be born daughter) gets here and gets to school age. Any ideas or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Walgreens do a transfer? Also, CVS seems to be growing, snagging a walgreens manager would probably be something that they would like to do.

Good luck with your move!

new Walgreens under construction in Ashand City TN (not one here previously) this is a great community with a small town feel (because it is) and within 30 minutes to downtown Nashville. I love this area. Site work almost complete but have not started on building yet.

• Moderators

Thanks all for the advice and information offered. I am going to try to transfer with Walgreens, that would be optimal. However, come spring we will be making the move with or without Walgreens as my employer. I will say that by searching Indeed.com The market appears to be MUCH better in the MidTN area than Memphis. Currently Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Metro has an unemployement rate of 8.4 while Memphis is 10.4 That's a big difference for 2.5 hours drive.

That is proabaly partly because of the new VW plant they built in Chattanooga.

Industry often brings in more retail and services to the area.

Don't forget the two Amazon dist. centers. Their Mayor down there seems to be getting these companies to come there. At least one politician is doing something. Our Governor may as well not exist. Is he still alive? Maybe someone should check. Nah,I don't want to know.

Guest boatme99

Nyrstar zinc mine is hiring in Smith Co. O.k. pay, great benefits for family (start almost immediatly for family), Office work, 40 hr. week. Worker bees 4 on/4off 12 hour shifts.