2 x Glock 37's (GAP) KB!!! w/pix

Guest GLOCKGUY

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grout

Fact is Glock has been doing a good job of dodging and evading these issues for years now.About 7 years ago they had a run of all models that had problems with the rails coming out of the frame.Glock did not officially call it a recall(cuz that would be bad for bizness)but if your gun fell under the serial no. range they put out they would replace the frame.Perfection my ass. I do own 3 of them so you can't call me a hater.:D

Speer has admitted that bad ammo caused the damage to the guns. Speer has admitted fault.

Having said that, I don't know why people insist on making marginal cartridges and then being surprised when they have problems. By "marginal" I mean cartridges that are always "on the edge" (pressure, case volume, bullet seating depth, ect.). If one shortens the 45ACP case and tries to get the same performance, it stands to reason that some problems might crop up. A pistol is a pistol regardless. There are no phasers yet. Why not pick a gun that you shoot well and PRACTICE to become as proficient as possible instead of kidding yourself into thinking that one millimeter of bullet diameter or 100fps is going to be a magic solution to every problem. Give me a break.

But what do I know, I said the same thing about the 40S&W and EVERYONE knows that it is now the best thing since sliced bread, right?:D

No doubt that the ammunition was a contributing factor... thing is however, it's pretty uncommon to hear about any other makes being so sensetive to variation in loads. The low safety factor of the Glock design is certainly just as much to blame, since it would be ridiculous to assume that the many times this has happened in .40s&w, .45acp and now .45gap Glocks, it was only a coincidence.

No doubt that the ammunition was a contributing factor... thing is however, it's pretty uncommon to hear about any other makes being so sensetive to variation in loads. The low safety factor of the Glock design is certainly just as much to blame, since it would be ridiculous to assume that the many times this has happened in .40s&w, .45acp and now .45gap Glocks, it was only a coincidence.

Opinions are like....oh nevermind we have been through this.:eek:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2219&page=5

That statement was not an opinion at all... it's a conclusion derived from the marked correlation between these type of events and the product we are discussing, which are obviously not the result of coincidence.

Ooookay whatever.... I guess all polymer pistols(H&K,Glock,XD,M&P,Kahr,Kel-Tec) will explode from bad ammunition.

Careful, ya' never know what might give me the urge to merge these threads :eek:

Ahhhhh yes.....drunk with POWER!:P

Sure, double-charge a cartridge and you can certainly expect to do damage to any gun, regardless of whether it's frame is polymer, aluminum or steel. The point is that it's demonstrably more common for Glocks to exhibit this failure, in these calibers, not because they are the only pistol which will kB, but because they apparently have a lower threshhold for doing so. Doesn't mean they are bad guns, just means that someone who chooses to use them should be aware that they are more sensetive to their loads than most others.

Glocks=No Soul

That's true, but that's also why they are so popular... It's undeniable that they do work well, especailly the ones which do not have marginalized tolerances to fit a larger cartridge than the original design called for.

I've been seriously considering a 9mm Glock for a long while, not really to carry it all the time, but it seems to me that they are well suited for utility by folks who will operate it safely. It's hard to justify the purchase with so many other pistols which fill the same role just as well at a lower cost, or with more features, but they are a viable option just the same.