Would you shoot 3 girls?

Guest msparks

After reading this, it makes you wonder. I normally answer the door with a pistol of some sorts, but 3 girls....Makes you think.

I would think for me it would be hard. Shooting 3 girls in self defense, then have to get in front of a jury.

I never answer my door, especially at night, without a pistol in my hand hidden behind my back.

Three "young" girls would probably not raise a red flag immediately but the request to use my pone, in this day and age, likely would. In any case, could I shoot them? If I truly felt that my life was threatened then yes...I made the decision a long time ago that I would do whatever was necessary to save my life or the live of someone else; if I'm not willing to do that then I would have to question why I would carry a weapon in the first place.

That said, I would have to shoot three young women but than again, I would hate to have to shoot anybody no matter their age or their sex; but, once a person (young, old, female or male) decides to place my life at risk, at that point are simply a threat that needs to be neutralized.

Guest justluck
You know, reading back through this thread it strikes me that as a society -- even an armed society -- we base too many of our decisions on generalizations and assumptions. We generalize and assume that a female is not going to be a threat, or as much of a threat, as a male. Therefore we are more willing to lower our guard a notch or two (or even completely) which in turn leaves us vulnerable.

The practice at my home is simple, and everyone knows the rules: If we are not expecting you, we are not opening the door to you. That doesn't mean that we will open the heavy door but not the glass / storm door. That means any door.

You will not see us. We will not expose ourselves to be seen by you or harmed by you. And rest assured that if you are ringing my doorbell or skulking around my house, we know you are there, we are watching you from within, and we are armed. This isn't paranoia, it is an adaptation of our lives to the fact that the world has changed for the worse and that there are predatory people out there who will scope out you and your home in the effort to harm you and to take from you the things you hold dear. There are predatory people in this world who will use your kindness, your ill-placed trust, your naivety, your desire to help your fellow man, against you to kill you.

The day of the door to door Bible salesman is gone. There is no reason for anyone to be pounding on your door anymore. Frankly I am surprised that no one has resorted to sending school-aged children to a door first under the auspices of selling something for their school, only to have the adults come in behind them with overpowering force and push their way into a home. The only thing less threatening than a teenage girl ringing your doorbell is a gradeschool kid, right?

Some folks think talk like this is ridiculous and over the top. Those folks are the ones who end up robbed, hurt or worse.

Been on vacation so I'm late to this; but, this post by TGO David is the correct answer. Whether it be day or night, NO ONE gets the exterior door opened to them at my house unless when I look out the front window I see a neighbor, relative or an acquaintance.

Now if an intruder breaks into my house and I am able to retrieve first my double barrel 12 ga and second my handgun, all hell will break loose on no matter who is standing in front of me.

Edited by justluck

Would I shoot 3 girls? It depends. If they weren't trying to kill me, no I wouldn't shoot them. If they were just trying to kill me a just little bit, I would just shoot them a little bit. If they were trying to kill me a lot, I would shoot them a lot.

I bet he never lives this down at his unit.

Something is really fishy with this story. It seems highly unlikely three girls would coordinate an attack on a soldier. An elderly person, sure, but a soldier? My guess is he probably invited them (or at least one of them) into his house under some false assumption, i.e. booze, sex, etc. and they took advantage of him. I guess it really doesn't matter. Any male or female that attempts to rob me in my house better be prepared for a gun battle.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

This happened near where I live.

I would probably not answer my door at all at 1:30 in the morning. If I did I would DEFINITELY have my gun in my hand. If 3 people then rushed into my home without being invited they would be shot, male or female, young or old, black, white, yellow, or green......

It seems highly unlikely three girls would coordinate an attack on a soldier. An elderly person, sure, but a soldier?

Not all soldiers on Ft. Campbell are combat arms super-soldiers.... there are a lot of "soft" targets wearing a uniform around Clarksville. But you're right that this is fishy sounding. It doesn't sound like normal behavior, but I don't know if this took place in a regular neighborhood or some of the more dodgy ones here in Clarksville.

Guest ArmaDeFuego
Not all soldiers on Ft. Campbell are combat arms super-soldiers.... there are a lot of "soft" targets wearing a uniform around Clarksville. But you're right that this is fishy sounding. It doesn't sound like normal behavior, but I don't know if this took place in a regular neighborhood or some of the more dodgy ones here in Clarksville.

The area wasnt all that "dodgy." It happened on Jenny Ln, over behind the Great Escape Theater, across the street from Northeast High School. Thats a pretty good area.

If it would have happened in New Providence I wouldnt have batted an eye lol :)

• Administrator
This happened near where I live.

I would probably not answer my door at all at 1:30 in the morning. If I did I would DEFINITELY have my gun in my hand. If 3 people then rushed into my home without being invited they would be shot, male or female, young or old, black, white, yellow, or green......

I don't get this. Why would you compromise your own first line of security by even answering the door in the first place? At that point, they have the upper hand.

I remember one of the instructors in my HCP class advising us on at least 3 things that should be met by the perp before you decide to use deadly force, intent, opportunity, and CAPABILITY. I too make assumptions that certain people are no threat because I am bigger and stronger physically, I need to stop thinking that way. I knew this dude in high school that was at least a foot shorter than everyone else and thin but I didn't want to pick on him and anyone who did learned not to quick. That's because he was mean as a snake if picked on and didn't care who you were. Aggressivness and meanness, and just not giving a damn has it's advantages. A poteat girl with a blunt weapon can kill a big man if she's mean enough to do it, that makes her CAPABLE.

I don't get this. Why would you compromise your own first line of security by even answering the door in the first place? At that point, they have the upper hand.

For me, I have two doors on both entry doors and the door I don't have to open, while not nearly as substantial as my completely metal primary door is still a barrier...no one is going to just walk through the outer door (not without a significant likelihood of serious injury, anyway).

That said, when I might open the primary door to someone is going to depend on several factors, including...

1. Time of day

2. Whether I know them/are they a neighbor, and mostly;

3. My gut feeling about the situation...hard to describe or put into words but a very real part of the process, for me anyway.

I'm not willing to totally give up on society and assume that everyone is a threat - if I were, I doubt I'd ever leave my home and go out in public at all. I try to be situationalally aware...I have taken and are taking training to help me in that regard as well as training on what to do when bad things happen anyway...I know that there are thugs out there and that some of them are probably young, attractive girls. However, as bad as some people are...as much of a threat as some people are; most people are decent folks and if one of them knocks on my front door, needs help and I can help; I probably will. Maybe that will get me killed some day but so be it.

Doesn't matter to me what or who they are.

Josh and Daniel Bullocks, who are both safeties in the NFL, lived a couple of blocks away from me growing up till they left for college.

One day while waiting on the bus, one of them (don't remember which) was "jumped" by a couple of girls and had his ass handed to him. If a 6' 210lb football player can find himself outnumbered by a couple of girls, then anyone can.

If three petite teen girls rush in my front door, I'll treat them the same as any man rushing in my front door.