Walmart SUCKS!

IggyBcool

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely different experence at WM in Fayetteville. I asked for ammo, she opened up the case and walked away. Grabbed the ammo I wanted and she said if I needed to do more shopping that I could pay up front. Took the box and walked away. The way it should be, except the locked display.

Did you have a business that was shut down by wm?

Nope but its a 40 year old business that stuggles to compete with corporate money that sells product at cost and makes profit on other items.

Its an old established sports bar that also has carry out as well. My wifes parents started it as package store / deli. Started as a "small hole in the wall" and stayed in business only because of wife's hard work, treated people right and maintaining a respectable place. It's all her, I stay in the background and always worked other jobs, Budweiser sales for 16 years among other things.

I don't think wallmart has one iota to do with customer service. That comes from within the people you deal with. No matter where some of them worked you would be dealing with sucky people. No matter where I was at you would get good service. It is all abotu the quality of the help. People gotta take pride in what they do. In this sucky economy too many people are doing crap they see as beneath themselves, but in reality they suck regardless.

Nope but its a 40 year old business that stuggles to compete with corporate money that sells product at cost and makes profit on other items.

Its an old established sports bar that also has carry out as well. My wifes parents started it as package store / deli. Started as a "small hole in the wall" and stayed in business only because of wife's hard work, treated people right and maintaining a respectable place. It's all her, I stay in the background and always worked other jobs, Budweiser sales for 16 years among other things.

Wow. I've known a couple of people that have owned bars\clubs. Both my parents owned a bar back when HWY 58 in Chattanooga was just starting to get big.

But I've never known anyone that has owned one for 40 years. Bars are usually resold and remodeled every couple years just to keep consumer interest up.

Your wife must really know what she's doing to have one going for that long

Wow. I've known a couple of people that have owned bars\clubs. Both my parents owned a bar back when HWY 58 in Chattanooga was just starting to get big.

But I've never known anyone that has owned one for 40 years. Bars are usually resold and remodeled every couple years just to keep consumer interest up.

Your wife must really know what she's doing to have one going for that long

Thanks she's a very special lady. Since you're familiar with 'em You also know its not what its cracked up to be.

Yes things were different back in the day. In todays times its a struggle to keep your head above water.

Guest rebeldrummer
the oldish lady who works at the Walmart sporting goods department near me is awesome. She knows a buttload about guns and bullits. Always goes an extra mile for crap I want to check out.

just what exactly are these again Mike??!! :lol:

Guest luvmyguns
But you gotta admit WM sure employees a lot of people......

On part time bases and low pay. No benefits. Some still qualify for public assistance. That is the sad part.

Guest bkelm18
On part time bases and low pay. No benefits. Some still qualify for public assistance. That is the sad part.

It's no skill labor. What do you expect? It's up to the individual to choose to work there. No one is forcing them. If they choose to work in a job that requires no skill whatsoever they should be prepared to receive less pay and benefits than one that does. That's life. If they want to earn more, they need to learn a skill or trade or get an education.

Edited by bkelm18

I worked at McDonald's when I was a high school kid and still living at home. It was a great job, learned a lot, had a lot of friends, and had money in my pocket for dates, and gas in the tank. It was a great job for a kid.

I imagine it's the same at WalMart.

At a certain level, though, they're kids' jobs, or entry level jobs. Some folks rise to middle and even upper management and turn it into a career. But for the most part, low skilled jobs means low pay.

Get an education! Develop your skills! Get a real job! If you have low skills and a low paying job, you get what you deserve.

The kid at Wal-Mart who can't tell one white box of ammo from another, unless he works on it, does not have a future as even middle management at WalMart.

Walmart is paying a fair enough wage and treating their employees well enough that they always have a long list of applicants wanting a job.

Some people that take that these low paying, part time jobs with no benefits have so little to offer that they're lucky to get a job at Walmart.

Others accept a minimum wage job and use that as a stepping stone to prove they deserve more.

Sadly, too many choose to prove they don't deserve what they're getting, let alone more.

Edited by BigK
Guest Chattanoogan
what I meant was who has patience for that. It does not take that long for me to get noticed and dealt with.

Me Again. :-)

He who is quick to anger, exalts folly.

Guest WyattEarp
Walmart is not one stop shopping for all things gun related, but for what they do have, ammo, &

a few accessories, their prices are hard to beat. Get what you can at the best price, then go

elsewhere for the rest. True, customer service isn't the best, some stores better than others.

Same can be said for the LGS.

Bottom line, you have to shop around for prices, etc.

well people want to buy things cheaply, and in the process, they are selling out the American Economy to save a buck. which in turn leads to the little guy shops getting hurt, and closing down. People don't think about what they are paying for, how it affects them in the long run, they just see low price, and go buy it, not realizing that they are subsidizing a foreign economy, and taking away jobs and money from American companies and workers. At the same time, American companies and workers, need to redevelop some pride in their products, and get back to developing a quality product, and then people won't choose to buy foreign stuff because it's cheaper and easier to replace.

I try not to go to Wal-Mart if I can help it, and when I do I always try to buy an American product if at all possible, sometimes, there's just nothing you can do, because you can't find what you need and have it ben an american product.

Guest HankRearden

I do not shop at wal mart simply because I don't like the whole experience.

I will pay extra to avoid walking through the DMZ (parking lot) dealing with the zombie hordes (customers) and the Khmer Rouge (emplpyees).

I remember when everything in walmart was "Made in the USA". When Sam died and his greedy kids took over, they became MaoMart. That would be the line of demarcation for me.

So, in effect Walmart not only undermined the local mom and pops after Sam died, but they also drove manufacturers overseas to meet the target prices and undercut American manufacturers.

If the "civil war" (bs) was fought to free the slaves, why do we continue to push our manufacturing to countries that use slave labor?

it was not his greedy kids it was a man named david glass he won ceo in a proxey fight.the kids are trying to take back control but have lost much of there power.did you know the one of his kids was a highly decorated medic with the sog in viet nam

no the walton family didnt do this greedy stock holders sold out for more profits