Walking Dead Premiere

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing they go on until they decompose to much to move any longer?

I am not sure of the timeframe so far either.

That's correct. As long as they aren't fully decomposed. Depends on external conditions. A year or more if cold and dry. If frozen, perhaps forever. If you can make it to the Bahamas, you could probably hold out until they all decompose without firing a shot.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

That's correct. As long as they aren't fully decomposed. Depends on external conditions. A year or more if cold and dry. If frozen, perhaps forever. If you can make it to the Bahamas, you could probably hold out until they all decompose without firing a shot.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

That would make a good case for retreating to that private island in the Caribbean.

Guest Lester Weevils
i don't understand how the Dr Vet dude and his family are living on there farm and are acting like nothing is going on, there house isn't boarded up or anything

Was reading a plot-synopsis of the comic series on wikipedia, where a character similar to the Country Vet, is eventually discovered to be keeping all his undead relatives and neighbors locked up in the barn. Dunno if that detail will make it into the TV series of course. In the recent episode the good doctor explains to the sheriff optimism that a cure will be found and everything will return to normal. Such optimism might be consistent with a kind-hearted old man keeping the relatives and neighbors locked up awaiting a cure.

Was reading a plot-synopsis of the comic series on wikipedia, where a character similar to the Country Vet, is eventually discovered to be keeping all his undead relatives and neighbors locked up in the barn. Dunno if that detail will make it into the TV series of course. In the recent episode the good doctor explains to the sheriff optimism that a cure will be found and everything will return to normal. Such optimism might be consistent with a kind-hearted old man keeping the relatives and neighbors locked up awaiting a cure.

Very good point

You know, I don't want to see some homemade, A-team hollywood gimmick that we all know won't work. I'm not going to believe many people have access to a flame thrower either, BUT Why are people shooting zombies? Do we forget on of the oldest weapons of mass destruction? The cleansing power of FIRE. Some Mason jars filled with gelled gasoline anyone?????

I hate to ruin the zombie parade with common sense but dontcha think the military would have incinerated entire cities from the comfort of an F15 eagle using Mark77 fire bombs or sumthin'? I watched the history channel talk about air dispersed fuel type weapons that literally set the air on fire. WOOT! That'll work. Do a week of flyby's to look for survivors and broadcast as much as you can. Then, set a fire in the necrotic flesh of the undead. It's something I will be considering. Fire that is, not the F15's :)

they need to ditch the camper.to many trucks and suv's on the interstate.but no they hunt a a hose for it.

I know they must have a reason for keeping the people in the old cars. I would have one of those tour buses. I guess it adds to the drama.

h

I agree with you Caster, But it was probably some liberal pantywaist who argued that option down because it might hurt someones feelings or damage the environment.

Mike

Oh right, the environment.

......meanwhile, we're being eaten alive by the DEAD!

I love the smell of styrofoam dissolved in gasoline, in the morning.

3836516728_2083323ec2_z.jpg?zz=1

Guest HeroGear
I don't understand the lack of good weapons either. If almost everything was abandoned including military, I would for sure have some kick butt Zombie killing weapons.

Glenn

This is my thought as well. Plenty of Abrams sitting around, 50 cals, and they act like they can't find weapons...lol.

Guest JeremyD901

This show is starting to lose my interest, seems to be commercials every 4 mins. Then to top it off it seems to be getting nowhere fast with the story line

i knew the fat guy would end up as zombie food ,but not like he did.
I hope Shane gets bit. What a slimeball. He has them all fooled.

Well, I agree, that was a douche bag thing to do. BUT, what would you do for a child you loved? NO, it does NOT justify it. That's not what I am getting at, and I know it isn't his kid, but let me pose a question (you don't have to answer) to all you fathers; What would you do to save the life of your daughter/son? This is ONLY my opinion, but even if I am your ally, if you wouldn't put a bullet in me to save your child, I question your legitimacy as a father.

I have said for years; The people of this country have not a clue as to what horrors we will see in a cataclysmic event. The armed "redneck", outdoorsman, sportsman, (what ever you want to label it) that genuinely loves his kids, will gut you like a fish when their lives are dependent on it. If I had kids, I know I would. I have had the privilege of being allowed to be friends with other peoples children in the past. I'd put a hole in the Pope's head for any one of them.

Thing is, they were within sight of the truck when Shane knee-capped Otis. It took Shane longer to shoot Otis, get the pack Otis was carrying away from him and fight free of Otis' grip on his hair than it would have taken for both of them just to run on to the truck, get in and leave. Further, Shane hurt his leg jumping/falling from the window and would have already been Zombie Chow if Otis hadn't insisted on not leaving him and hadn't half carried him back to the truck. For that matter, it was Otis' willingness to draw all the zombies away by getting them to chase him that allowed Shane to get out the window in the first place. Therefore, he didn't do what he did to save Carl or even to save himself. Shane murdered Otis for no justifiable reason, at all.

Shane started the series as a character who had already betrayed his supposed best friend. He told Rick's wife that Rick was dead even though he was alive when Shane left him lying unconscious in the hospital after making no effort to get him out. He then went on to almost immediately start banging Rick's wife (probably taking advantage of her compromised emotional state immediately following the news that her husband was dead and the world having gone to hell) and trying to take over Rick's family as his own. His actions in the first couple of episodes of this season - up until the end of the second episode - had led me to believe he might actually be redeemable as a character despite all of that. Then he murders a man who had just saved his life not once but several times in the space of one night. Not only murders him but actually feeds him to the zombies and does so only after that same man has carried Shane's ass back to within sight of their escape vehicle.

Shane is slime. The sooner he assumes room temperature, the better.

Edited by JAB
Thing is, they were within sight of the truck when Shane knee-capped Otis. It took Shane longer to shoot Otis, get the pack Otis was carrying away from him and fight free of Otis' grip on his hair than it would have taken for both of them just to run on to the truck, get in and leave. Further, Shane hurt his leg jumping/falling from the window and would have already been Zombie Chow if Otis hadn't insisted on not leaving him and hadn't half carried him back to the truck. For that matter, it was Otis' willingness to draw all the zombies away by getting them to chase him that allowed Shane to get out the window in the first place. Therefore, he didn't do what he did to save Carl or even to save himself. Shane murdered Otis for no justifiable reason, at all.

Shane started the series as a character who had already betrayed his supposed best friend. He told Rick's wife that Rick was dead even though he was alive when Shane left him lying unconscious in the hospital after making no effort to get him out. He then went on to almost immediately start banging Rick's wife (probably taking advantage of her compromised emotional state immediately following the news that her husband was dead and the world having gone to hell) and trying to take over Rick's family as his own. His actions in the first couple of episodes of this season - up until the end of the second episode - had led me to believe he might actually be redeemable as a character despite all of that. Then he murders a man who had just saved his life not once but several times in the space of one night. Not only murders him but actually feeds him to the zombies and does so only after that same man has carried Shane's ass back to within sight of their escape vehicle.

Shane is slime. The sooner he assumes room temperature, the better.

That is a very good summary of how despicable some (high percentage) humans are, not just Shane.

Well, I agree, that was a douche bag thing to do. BUT, what would you do for a child you loved? NO, it does NOT justify it. That's not what I am getting at, and I know it isn't his kid, but let me pose a question (you don't have to answer) to all you fathers; What would you do to save the life of your daughter/son? This is ONLY my opinion, but even if I am your ally, if you wouldn't put a bullet in me to save your child, I question your legitimacy as a father.

I have said for years; The people of this country have not a clue as to what horrors we will see in a cataclysmic event. The armed "redneck", outdoorsman, sportsman, (what ever you want to label it) that genuinely loves his kids, will gut you like a fish when their lives are dependent on it. If I had kids, I know I would. I have had the privilege of being allowed to be friends with other peoples children in the past. I'd put a hole in the Pope's head for any one of them.

I would do whatever I had to for my family.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I would do whatever I had to for my family.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I know this is geting off subject, but I don't think people understand the gravity of that statement, when it comes from the mouth of a real man. It can be a lot scarier than the zombies.

This.

No words of bravado, but come between me and mine, and you will discover what evil man is capable of.