Admit It -- Who's Waiting In Line Tonight for BF3?

xRUSTYx

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use the turtle beach's too ... i need to upgrade

what's the best pair of headphones out right now cap?

I'm really digging the Triton AX Pro.

TRITTON Technologies Inc.

If it works fine, upgrade yours and send me the old one for $35?

I'd have no problem doing that but they broke. The Turtle Beach has a small design flaw. The ear cups are made to swivel and the way that they designed the swivel creates a weakness. The plastic there just isn't strong enough to support anything and so if you overstretch them, they break. Mine still function perfectly but they don't swivel anymore. I used loctite plastic epoxy to eliminate that joint. They work great but they aren't 100 percent.

And I'm still a few months away from buying my Tritons. I have other stuff ahead of them on the priority list.

Having been a pc gamer for the last 10 years, I have gone through a number of headsets/headphones. I have used numerous logitech, plantronics, sennheiser, bose, etc. You name it I probably had a set at some point. I will give the pro/cons of some of the common brands to give a recommendation.

Early series logitechs were crap, I have had a newer set (before my current headset) and it lasted close to 2 years which is good for me. I liked the inline volume on it, and the braided cord was very durable. It although was not the most comfy headset I have owned, but the sound quality was great. It just was not a good headset for 2+ hour gaming sessions as even someone like me with a small head, it was very tight. What happened with this one is the plastic frame/band on it cracked so I could not even wear it anymore. I forget the model but it was one of the gaming headsets without all the buttons on the side(I cant find it on any website so it must be out of production).

Plantronics are probably your best bang for your buck, for a cheap headset. The microphones have really great quality, the headphones are mediocre depending on how much you spend. I went through numerous plantronics headsets mainly because I only used the mic on them and used speakers for gaming. Their more expensive headsets are pretty good sound quality, but I usually didn't spend more than $30 on a pair.

Steel series - I had a pair that I got from one of the teams I used to play games with. I don't know how much they ran for, but the sound quality was good. They were very comfy, but again not very durable. One thing that was cool about the headset I had was the microphone was flexible and retracted into the earphone itself if you did not want to use it.

Sennheiser - by far has been the best sound/mic quality out of any headset I have owned. They were a really great value, but just not very durable for the amount I used. I still highly recommend them, but I would try and find one that has a braided cord sheath vs the standard rubber as that is where mine broke (the cord going into the inline volume). The wire was very thin so just repeated putting on/taking off, minor tugging/twisting caused it to come loose.

What I am currently using now is a razer carcharias. While I have been a sideline fan of razer products for many years, I just never though to spend the money for the name. Just looking at prices for what they were worth, I never thought to pay the extra amount. The only product they had previously that I thought about getting would be one of their gaming mice, but most never felt comfy in my hand so I passed. I got a $50 gift card for bestbuy on my birthday, and after my last headset died, I figured I would pick this one up. For $80, I can honestly say it is the best headset I have purchased. So far it seems very durable at a years use, sound quality is amazing, microphone is good..and most importantly, it is very comfortable to me.

In the end you get what you pay for.

Well, stayed up till 5am playin last night ... Sigh ... LOL

Great game... Chatting and squad matching us still a bit glitchy, but overall, much better than the beta! Todays server loads will be the real test

Hasn't been too bad, send me an invite when you get the chance.

Talked to my boss today. I'll be taking the day off for MW3. I know its not BF or Xbox but its still related.

Battlefield 2 was my first modern FPS and the reason that I got into CoD. Now, I'm so used to CoD, that I just have a hard time with how slow BF is.

Hasn't been too bad, send me an invite when you get the chance.

i'll be on this afternoon/evening :P

Talked to my boss today. I'll be taking the day off for MW3. I know its not BF or Xbox but its still related.

Battlefield 2 was my first modern FPS and the reason that I got into CoD. Now, I'm so used to CoD, that I just have a hard time with how slow BF is.

For PC or PS3 Cap?

BF is pretty slow, but I like that. I get so hyped up from CoD all the time, I need something to chill me out a bit :)

I'm a console player. Just never liked using a mouse and keyboard for gaming.

I know that PC gamers look down on me but thats fine. I just have more fun with a console.

PS3 has been my system of choice. However, the past couple of releases have made me want to reconsider that. Noone is programming games for the PS3. They are always ports of Xbox games. It causes the games to be really glitchy and never fixed properly. Black Ops is a perfect example. Black Ops suffers from really bad frame rate lag. Its almost like every third frame is missing. The delay in DLC is another thing that I hate.

I have plans for most of my money for the next several months but I wouldn't be surprised if I switched over to Xbox sometime next year.

I'm a console player. Just never liked using a mouse and keyboard for gaming.

I know that PC gamers look down on me but thats fine. I just have more fun with a console.

PS3 has been my system of choice. However, the past couple of releases have made me want to reconsider that. Noone is programming games for the PS3. They are always ports of Xbox games. It causes the games to be really glitchy and never fixed properly. Black Ops is a perfect example. Black Ops suffers from really bad frame rate lag. Its almost like every third frame is missing. The delay in DLC is another thing that I hate.

I have plans for most of my money for the next several months but I wouldn't be surprised if I switched over to Xbox sometime next year.

I have both but never use my xbox anymore. I like PS3 better.

I'll be on today, I have found out I dominate with the helicopters. Luckily nobody really likes flying them, unlike the jets.

Unless they changed how the choppers fly, I wasn't too impressed in the beta. I still think the choppers in bf2 were the best to fly.

Bought it today (360). Single player is pretty cool however Origin is down so I can't register for online play.

Yeah the EA servers have been funking so I decided to switch over and play FIFA '12 for a little bit, OH WAIT THAT'S EA TOO. THAT SERVER WAS F'D TOO!!

Jolly I will have to add you on there...Jeff I didnt realize that was you but I did accept your add....anyone got any tips on how to fly? All I do is wreck and die(im on PC)...so now I avoid it all together so I don't screw over my team....of course after getting heli-raped repeatedly I went to team and squad deathmatch to avoid airpower altogether....im pretty mean with an IFV however.