Admit It -- Who's Waiting In Line Tonight for BF3?

xRUSTYx

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Finally got it going online. Now that is fun. I like it a lot better than MW. Teamwork is key to winning a match. I think weapon physics are a lot more realistic too. Great game.

origin name for pc ExlL3

that is 2 L's (so it's actually EXLL3 if you search), lower case than uppercase because I could not find any combination with an i or 1 to work.

Just a heads up, I will refuse to play on a 64player map until my computer is upgraded, and I will not play hardcore mode. Just a heads up. I prefer to play conquest due to that is what competition will be based around, but will play a little bit of squad rush too.

Edited by nysos
Which joystick did you get and how's it working out for you?
2nd that...last joystick i tried to use i threw in the trash....wish i remembered what it was so i dont repeat the mistake lol

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Mainly because it was the best that Best Buy had in stock. I kind of wanted a Saitek because my brother has had one for years and it works well. I can't complain about this one though as my brother said I was making him sick while he was running the gunner seat playing coop. :wall:

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Mainly because it was the best that Best Buy had in stock. I kind of wanted a Saitek because my brother has had one for years and it works well. I can't complain about this one though as my brother said I was making him sick while he was running the gunner seat playing coop. :wall:

I have that same joystick, granted it has been in a box in a closet since I stopped playing bf2 due to having no need of it. The one complaint I had, at least with mine, is if I throttled a jet up for take off - the joystick at complete center, was actually pulling a little to the left with the rudder. So in game I would have to actually manually correct for this at take off otherwise I would run off the runway and crash. Maybe it was just a defect in the one I got, but for a fairly cheap joystick it was a pleasure to use. I will have to dig it out again and get it setup when I have the urge to start flying the jets again, right now I want to concentrate on some of the small attack choppers as they seem to be able deal some damage when flown the right way.

Haven't flown any jets with it yet but I find I have more fun with the choppers anyway. (If I can get into one that is)

Flying a chopper with mouse and keyboard is damn hard....i find i have better luck kamakazi'n the sucker into someone then I do shooting them....i would like to get a good joystick so I can raise hell in the littlebirds but i think i might spend the money on a better video card instead. Right now with my 9800gtx im limited to medium settings only.

Guest bkelm18

So what's everyone's weapon of choice? I like being an engineer with RPGs and the M4A1 with a suppressor. I like the SCAR but the recoil makes it hard to use in a hurry.

Flying a chopper with mouse and keyboard is damn hard....i find i have better luck kamakazi'n the sucker into someone then I do shooting them....i would like to get a good joystick so I can raise hell in the littlebirds but i think i might spend the money on a better video card instead. Right now with my 9800gtx im limited to medium settings only.

The Logitech is only $40 so it shouldn't break the bank or anything.

Thinking about getting it.. How do you guys like it so far? How realistic does it seem? Is there anyway for two people to play on split screen whether its some kind of offline training or online? I ask because if I get BF and there is no way to have any split screen, then I'm going to have to put up with some flak from the lady because she doesn't want to just sit and watch...she actually semi enjoys blasting some zombies and playing multiplayer some times.

Thinking about getting it.. How do you guys like it so far? How realistic does it seem? Is there anyway for two people to play on split screen whether its some kind of offline training or online? I ask because if I get BF and there is no way to have any split screen, then I'm going to have to put up with some flak from the lady because she doesn't want to just sit and watch...she actually semi enjoys blasting some zombies and playing multiplayer some times.

It is pretty fun, but a lot of it has to do with how other people are playing the map, the map, game mode type, etc. There is a lot of potential for a very un-enjoyable gaming session. For Instance the tactical lights will blind you from a moderate distance in broad daylight. Depending on game mode, there tends to be a decent amount of defensive gameplay in the form of camping. Everything under the sun has the potential to shoot AA rockets, so flying without flares is damn near impossible (even with flares you can barely stay airborn). Engineers can get AA missiles, fixed AA turrets at mains, attack choppers get AA missiles, scout helicopters get AA missiles, jets get AA missiles, and then some of the larger maps have the mobile AA tank. Pretty much if you are in the air, and the other team wants you down, it is only a matter of time before you go down.

There is a co-op mode, but it is to play with a buddy over the internet. One of the console players can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe it supports 2 players on the same console at the same time. I have the pc version so that is the only option we have, from what I have seen from most of the shooters of this caliber is the same setup on consoles, with only being able to have 1 player on it.

I got it yesterday, while fun..I'm a little disappointed. The server is HORRIBLE. I was disconnected from almost every session and a lot of times it wouldn't even let me connect. I know its not my internet causing the problem. Its def. a lot different than MWF and after playing this, I think I'm still partial to MWF. Oh well. The campaign is still fun as hell though.

It is pretty fun, but a lot of it has to do with how other people are playing the map, the map, game mode type, etc. There is a lot of potential for a very un-enjoyable gaming session. For Instance the tactical lights will blind you from a moderate distance in broad daylight.
Agreed. That's just dumb.
Depending on game mode, there tends to be a decent amount of defensive gameplay in the form of camping.
I don't have a problem with camping if you're holding a capture point but not capping a point and camping so you can kill people spawning in gets old.

Everything under the sun has the potential to shoot AA rockets, so flying without flares is damn near impossible (even with flares you can barely stay airborn). Engineers can get AA missiles, fixed AA turrets at mains, attack choppers get AA missiles, scout helicopters get AA missiles, jets get AA missiles, and then some of the larger maps have the mobile AA tank. Pretty much if you are in the air, and the other team wants you down, it is only a matter of time before you go down.
The opposite of this is true when you're team doesn't realize that's why they're getting owned. Try taking some semblance of air superiority when you're the only one that is even trying to take down aircraft.
I got it yesterday, while fun..I'm a little disappointed. The server is HORRIBLE. I was disconnected from almost every session and a lot of times it wouldn't even let me connect. I know its not my internet causing the problem. Its def. a lot different than MWF and after playing this, I think I'm still partial to MWF. Oh well. The campaign is still fun as hell though.
Must be a console thing. I haven't been dropped from a server yet on PC.
Guest bkelm18

I haven't been dropped form anything on the 360. I agree those flashlights are dumb. It could be broad daylight and they can still blind you with a light. Perhaps the anti-aircraft problem is a PC thing because I usually don't see it on the console. The folks in the planes and choppers don't really do much other than dogfight anyway.