What kind of scope are you using?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Nikon Prostaff 2x-7x-32 on my .308

A Bushnell Sportview 4x 32 on my 8mm

A Simmons 3x-9x -32 on my muzzle loader (cheap scope but it was all I had at the time and has worked for 11 years)

A Gamestalker (was made by Simmons I think) 4x-12x-40 on my .223

A Simmons 8 Point 3x-9x-40 on my .22 (POS scope it wouldn't take recoil at all even when it was new but works on the .22)

Guest USMC 2013

300 RUM has quite the kick. Most scopes under $200 are not going to withstand the kick and will break sooner, rather than later. Bushnell Elite 3200, or any Leupold in the $250-$500 range IS worth what you'll pay for them. Try and catch a sale if you can, particularly if you can wait until after deer season is over.

No reason to pay $xxx.00 on a gun and put cheap optics on it. The difference is something you will literally see. Semper Fi!

Joe

I'm def. looking in to a Leupold VX2 and the Fullfield II. Looking for something at least 4-12. I'd like to go with 6 but I'm afraid that would be over kill here hunting unless I was hunting a clear cut or something. Do you think a 6 would be too much? I do how ever go every year to Montgomery AL and go on this hunt and usually most shots the minimal length is going to be 250 yards. I just want something thats going to be very versital even with plinking.

Leupold, Nikon, Burris, Zeiss, Bushnell, ect. They are all quality scopes if you buy one in the 300 to 500 dollar range. I have a Nikon Prostaff and a Bushnell Elite and I have been happy with both. I think the Bushnell Elite scopes are a good value that get overlooked.

Guest GunTroll

I have Leupold's, Nikon's, Konus, Weaver, Simmons, & Sightron's (< great scopes).

Get the right scope for the right gun that your budget allows. If you like it and it fits the need, its a great scope no matter the brand or price.

Meopta is worth looking at too. Cabelas uses them for their in house higher end brand(s) scopes/binos.

Euro quality glass comparible to swaroski/zeis, etc for a fraction of the price for they are not very well known.....yet.