Ruger SR1911

SO... yesterday I walked into a new gun store here in Tullahoma called Chi Rho Firearms. I have made several purchases there already since it opened a couple months ago. I had stopped by yesterday to price a scope, and on my way out something caught my eye from the case. A Ruger SR1911. I have been wanting one(along with 10 million other gun advocates)for months, and you just don't see them sitting in a case. So, I told Chad I wanted it, and went back today and picked it up. Supply and demand have driven up prices from sea to shining sea. I got it for $699. Which is high compared to online pricing, but nobody online has them. I have called several other stores in the area, and they too have gone up on price. So, if you want to play, you have to pay. Besides, doing business with a guy just starting out, in a small town, to me is better than sending money to a "bubsguns.com" who could care less if you are pleased with your purchase. All in all I am very happy with my purchase, regardless of what some folks have bought them for. Some might say "dang that is alot for an SR1911", I say "lucky me for getting one"...lol Besides, Chad and his family are great to deal with. I will definately be buying more from him in the future!

Edited by 2006Blackpearl931
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO... yesterday I walked into a new gun store here in Tullahoma called Chi Rho Firearms. I have made several purchases there already since it opened a couple months ago. I had stopped by yesterday to price a scope, and on my way out something caught my eye from the case. A Ruger SR1911. I have been wanting one(along with 10 million other gun advocates)for months, and you just don't see them sitting in a case. So, I told Chad I wanted it, and went back today and picked it up. Supply and demand have driven up prices from sea to shining sea. I got it for $699. Which is high compared to online pricing, but nobody online has them. I have called several other stores in the area, and they too have gone up on price. So, if you want to play, you have to pay. Besides, doing business with a guy just starting out, in a small town, to me is better than sending money to a "bubsguns.com" who could care less if you are pleased with your purchase. All in all I am very happy with my purchase, regardless of what some folks have bought them for. Some might say "dang that is alot for an SR1911", I say "lucky me for getting one"...lol Besides, Chad and his family are great to deal with. I will definately be buying more from him in the future!

Well hows about letting me borrow it, and a box of bullets.

I talked him down to $699. He had $769 on it. Which looking at gunbroker and gunsamerica, there are people paying those kinds of prices right now. I took it apart today. Cleaned and oiled it properly. It really is alot of 1911 for the money.... I absolutely have to have new grips for it though. Black Wilson Combat grips and a stainless mag well are in my midwayusa cart!

Guest FiddleDog

That's amazing. You can't find these things hardly anywhere. I was starting to think that the slide was milled out of unobtainium or some other rare metal.