One Person Shot At Hickory Hollow Mall

• Administrator
Perfectly stated.

I have never used anything from HF that was any good. I believe you guys that swear that you got something that lasted from there–I just never have, so I will not go back and toss my money away. I decided several years ago that I will do my research and buy quality before I settle for junk that doesn't hold up. I have paid enough stupid tax over the years.

Back on topic… I honestly thought that HH Mall had been closed for several years.

Eh, there have been occasions where I needed a specialty tool that would work at least once and didn't want to spend the kind of money that buys longevity. Harbor Freight is good for that.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the gangstas like the malls so much and just about render them unfit for the law abiding citizens, lets turn them into jails and put em in there. We definately need more housing for criminals since the jails and prisons are overcrowded. Will just take some concrete and steel upgrades.

• Administrator
Since the gangstas like the malls so much and just about render them unfit for the law abiding citizens, lets turn them into jails and put em in there. We definately need more housing for criminals since the jails and prisons are overcrowded. Will just take some concrete and steel upgrades.

I like the way you think!

Guest nicemac
Eh, there have been occasions where I needed a specialty tool that would work at least once and didn't want to spend the kind of money that buys longevity. Harbor Freight is good for that.

I am glad HF is there for those that like it. I just can't afford to waste my money on "disposable" tools. I spent too much time turning wrenches to buy stuff like that (12 years in a dealership device dept.). I bought a Craftsman punch and chisel set once for around $20. It had a lifetime warranty. At least once a week, I was standing in line at Sears to get one of the pieces "warranty replaced." I finally got tired of not having a decent tool when I NEEDED it and bought the Snap-On set for just under $100. That was 20 years ago. I have yet to replace one piece of that set. Screwdrivers? Mac, Snap-ON or Matco. I can't get any other brand to last. Box wrenches? Same. Ball Peen hammer? Maybe HF…

I think you may be on to something there. If we build more prisons that LOOK like malls, maybe that will lure them in. Then we just close and lock the gates. :)

Well they're gonna have to figure out something to do with those buildings as malls around the country go bankrupt. I see a lot of people at the malls when I go, but I don't see a lot of people spending money. Mostly thugs walking around looking "thugly" trying to impress the sluts. I guess it's like prison, only with chicks.

I once saw an unfortunate young man at Rivergate mall arguing with an Indian guy at a jewelry kiosk. The young man must have recently been on a very successful diet, because his clothes were practically falling off of him. I'm guessing he just woke up and had a jewelry emergency, since he didn't even have time to tie his shoes before leaving the house. At first I figured the Indian guy's wife must have given him a bad haircut and wasn't around to apologize. I'd be mad too, she was either an incompetent barber or had some seriously faulty clippers, because there were lines and grooves cut all in this poor guy's hair.

The Indian guy must only sell jewelry as a hobby or when he isn't at his dentist office (what a hard worker, 2 jobs and all). Turns out the young uban guy was actually mad at his dentist about some faulty gold dentures he'd bought there. Either they weren't fitting right or had broken or something and he was really mad. I couldn't hear everything from the bench were I was having a snack, but it seems the dentist wouldn't give him his money back. The young guy had to be confused, because he wasn't even half the other guy's age, yet he seemed to think he was his father. Something about 'you gonna make this right, son' and some other word I couldn't make out that sounded kinda like 'NoWha'AmSayn?'.

I was sure I'd run out of popcorn before the show ended, but the dentist indicated that the conversation was over. The young guy must have been pleased with the outcome, since he vowed continue his patronage. He even offered to help the jewelry kiosk with some word of mouth marketing. At least I guess that what 'I'll be back, son, and I'm bringing my boys, yo' means. What a nice young man.

Edited by BigK

Can you say drug deal gone bad. One local news source reported that the "victim" was not interested in filling a report just wanted to hurry up and get out of town. Having no cause for search LE was unable to search the vics automobile.

I married in 1978 and out 1st apartment was was just across I-24 from the mall. The mall had just opened and we used to spend our Sunday afternoons strolling the huge mall's (at that time I believe it was the largest in Nashville) corridors. How the world has changed. I would never venture into that part of Nashville now without at least 2 weapons for personal defense.

Can you say drug deal gone bad. One local news source reported that the "victim" was not interested in filling a report just wanted to hurry up and get out of town. Having no cause for search LE was unable to search the vics automobile.

Makes perfect sense! Good call. I read the story and was thinking why go back in the mall to bring friends instead of calling the cops. It didn't click in my head til you mentioned this.

I like the way you think!

Thanks. I finally came up with a good Idea. They gotta do something usefull with the malls and if you look from end to end ,they already look similar to prisons with all the cells lined up on each side. And plenty of room in the middle where they can beat the hell out of each other all they want.

• Administrator

I married in 1978 and out 1st apartment was was just across I-24 from the mall. The mall had just opened and we used to spend our Sunday afternoons strolling the huge mall's (at that time I believe it was the largest in Nashville) corridors. How the world has changed. I would never venture into that part of Nashville now without at least 2 weapons for personal defense.

I firmly believe that the demise of the Hickory Hollow area came with the proliferation of apartment complexes. I lived briefly in the Cameron Overlook apartments off of Bell Road during the mid 1990's right before it got really bad in Antioch. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. But back to my original point, apartments are full of two types of people:

1st - People who haven't bought a house yet but are working toward it.

2nd - People who have no intention of ever buying a house and just want a roof over their heads.

Sadly the second group brings with it a large contingent of people who have no "pride of ownership" are are willing to **** the nest, so to speak. Crime and declining property values come along with them. As the property values decline, rent becomes cheaper, and when rent becomes cheaper the bar for admission becomes lower and you get more of the 2nd group than you do of the 1st group. The lowest common denominator becomes the majority.

That's when you fence the place off, rescue those worth rescuing, and nerve gas the remaining vermin.

This is why I will never be elected to public office, of course. :cool:

I firmly believe that the demise of the Hickory Hollow area came with the proliferation of apartment complexes. I lived briefly in the Cameron Overlook apartments off of Bell Road during the mid 1990's right before it got really bad in Antioch. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. But back to my original point, apartments are full of two types of people:

1st - People who haven't bought a house yet but are working toward it.

2nd - People who have no intention of ever buying a house and just want a roof over their heads.

Sadly the second group brings with it a large contingent of people who have no "pride of ownership" are are willing to **** the nest, so to speak. Crime and declining property values come along with them. As the property values decline, rent becomes cheaper, and when rent becomes cheaper the bar for admission becomes lower and you get more of the 2nd group than you do of the 1st group. The lowest common denominator becomes the majority.

That's when you fence the place off, rescue those worth rescuing, and nerve gas the remaining vermin.

This is why I will never be elected to public office, of course. :cool:

I'd vote for ya, thats the best state of the union I heard all week.

Antioch in general really started to decline when they relocated several section 8 neighborhoods there in an effort for more high end developments around the downtown Nashville area. I had a close childhood friend shot and killed there right after high school. He was walking back to the car when he was held at gunpoint, robbed, and shot in the head. I think that this general "urban" group of individuals would be intimidated if HH mall was still popular, but seeing as how upstanding citizens have moved on, the weeds have started to grow over. They should film a Zombie flick there, may give alot of them some purpose;)

I once saw an unfortunate young man at Rivergate mall arguing with an Indian guy at a jewelry kiosk. The young man must have recently been on a very successful diet, because his clothes were practically falling off of him. I'm guessing he just woke up and had a jewelry emergency, since he didn't even have time to tie his shoes before leaving the house. At first I figured the Indian guy's wife must have given him a bad haircut and wasn't around to apologize. I'd be mad too, she was either an incompetent barber or had some seriously faulty clippers, because there were lines and grooves cut all in this poor guy's hair.

The Indian guy must only sell jewelry as a hobby or when he isn't at his dentist office (what a hard worker, 2 jobs and all). Turns out the young uban guy was actually mad at his dentist about some faulty gold dentures he'd bought there. Either they weren't fitting right or had broken or something and he was really mad. I couldn't hear everything from the bench were I was having a snack, but it seems the dentist wouldn't give him his money back. The young guy had to be confused, because he wasn't even half the other guy's age, yet he seemed to think he was his father. Something about 'you gonna make this right, son' and some other word I couldn't make out that sounded kinda like 'NoWha'AmSayn?'.

I was sure I'd run out of popcorn before the show ended, but the dentist indicated that the conversation was over. The young guy must have been pleased with the outcome, since he vowed continue his patronage. He even offered to help the jewelry kiosk with some word of mouth marketing. At least I guess that what 'I'll be back, son, and I'm bringing my boys, yo' means. What a nice young man.

This would be funnier if almost the exact same scenario hadn't played itself out here at East Tow...err, Knoxville Center a couple years back. The end result was a dead store manager, although he was Arab, rather than Indian...
This would be funnier if almost the exact same scenario hadn't played itself out here at East Tow...err, Knoxville Center a couple years back. The end result was a dead store manager, although he was Arab, rather than Indian...

The guy at Rivergate Mall may have been Arab instead of Indian in this case too. I'm not sure...they all look alike to me.

just kidding everyone, don't call the PC police